Thursday, August 4, 2011

Payday Treats: Blush, Mascara & Lippy


I was on a no-buy phase for about two months.  My goal was to save up for some cash so I can have my car fixed.  And also, to save for something big.  It has been two months already, and I've been itching so bad to buy some new makeup, most especially blushes and a new mascara.  So here comes the payday Friday last week, and off I went to SM Department Store to score some goodies.  I was still on a budget though, so I couldn't afford to buy the high-end blushes that I've been eyeing for months, like those from NARS and Stila.  Needless to say, I went to research on some good affordable brands.  

Here's what I got:

1.  E.L.F. Studio Blushes in Tickled Pink and Blushing Rose
2.  E.L.F. Flat top powder brush
3.  Cover Girl Lashblast Fusion Mascara
4.  Aido Magic Lipstick in No. 2


From my stash, I was only able to try the CG mascara and the Blushing Rose blush from E.L.F.  Oh, and also the powder brush.  I have yet to make some reviews, though.  

left: blushing rose; right: tickled pink, both for Php.249.75 each
At first try, the Blushing Rose is definitely pigmented, like what other beauty bloggers say.  Although it's a bit tricky to apply.  I haven't tried the Tickled Pink yet, though.

Flat Top Powder Brush, Php.249.75
Amazingly, I was surprised by the quality of this E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush.  It's so soft, doesn't shed a bit, and picks up enough product to be blended smoothly on the face.  This is what I've been using now to apply my mineral foundation. Works really well.

Cover Girl's Lashblast Fusion - around Php.600.00++

This Cover Girl mascara is called "Lashblast Fusion", because it's supposed to be a fusion of both lengthening and volumizing properties.  Though it didn't help much in the volumizing part, it was quite lengthening.  I'm still deciding whether I really like this one.

Php. 60.00 for magic lipcolor


Last but not the least, I got this magic lipstick from Aido.  It's called "magic lipstick", because once applied on the lips, the light pink color immediately turns dark cherry pink.  It's long-lasting too, so it works as a good stain for me.  However, I heard that Aido lipsticks have lead in their content, maybe that's the ingredient for making it long-lasting.  It literally lasts throughout the day, despite eating, drinking, and yep, kissing (*wink wink).  I just use this sparingly, so I'm not scared of the lead content.  It's a quick lip color for lazy days.  

So that's it! More product reviews coming soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. Lol on te kissing part. Welcone to the blogging world. You look familiar as well. :) great to see you in the blogosphere. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!