Friday, August 5, 2011

Red Lips on a Rainy Day

I usually go for pink lipsticks, but lately, I've been fancying about old Hollywood red lips for sometime now.  I didn't know if I would be able to pull it off, so I chose a true red shade from Revlon, just to be safe.  Blue-reds might be too bright, while warm reds might be too orange for me. 

So here's my look for today:




Lips: Revlon's Super Lustrous Matte in In the Red
Eyes:  Black Eyeliner from Beauty Bar (forgot the brand)
Cover Girl Lashblast Fusion
Brows:  E.L.F. Studio Brow kit powder in medium
Face:  The Faceshop's Aqua Tinted BB Cream and Dewy Flower Moist Loose Powder in Natural Beige


I know I should've put red lipliner too, to avoid the color from bleeding. But it's just my first attempt anyway.  Took this photo via my mobile's camera, but I think it shows the color well. 


my lips, should've outlined my lips first right? But hey, it still works!

 I will do a more extensive review of Revlon's In the Red lipstick soon.  But for now, just thought I'll share my first experience with red lipsticks.  I'll be trying out those most-coveted MAC Russian Red and Ruby Woo, too.

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!