Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Review: Revlon's Matte Lipstick in Stormy Pink


Just a quick blog post, before I leave the office. This is my way to unwind, from such a crazy day. 




FACTS:

Place bought:  Watson's Store, Gateway Mall, Cubao
Price: 495 PHP (I think, approximately)
Packaging: Sleek black tube, with see-through top cover so you can see the shade right away, without opening the tube.
Shade: Stormy Pink - it's a bright, bluish pink shade. Something sorta like Barbie pink, but goes on light pink.  Matte finish.


Let's swatch:




MY CONCURRENCES:
1.  Although the color is very bright on the tube, I like that it applies almost light pink on the lips.  But then, if you layer it on, you will also get the same shade as in the tube.
2.  It's in a matte finish, yet like other Revlon matte lippies I've tried, it's not drying at all. But I still recommend applying lip balm either over it, or under it.
3.  The shade is great for brightening the whole face, even if one is just sporting neutral eye colors.  It gives off that Barbie pink lips effect, without being too tacky.  I also think that it can flatter many skin tones, even if it's a cool hue.
4.  Lasting effect is okay, but still have to re-apply upon eating or drinking.


MY DISSENT:
1. My lip product is already quite slanted, and if I'm not careful, the whole tube of lipstick might break off.  I guess it's too soft for a matte lipstick, but then again, maybe it's just my way of handling it.
2.  Best applied directly from the tube, as using a lipbrush won't really show the true shade.

How I work it on the lips:



OVERALL VERDICT:
Great matte lipstick for an affordable price.  Add to that the fact that it's not drying on the lips.  The color is also very workable - it can accent a smoky eye makeup, a purple EOTD, or neutral shadows.  It also works on me with only black eyeliner on my eyes.  I used this on one of my makeup looks here.  Hope you can see how flattering the shade was on me. 

That'd be all for now. Will be posting some more later, if I'm not too tired when I get home. 

See yah!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for following my blog!

    I like how you write your reviews like the judges write their decisions. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand corrected: justices, not just judges. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!