Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fave Looks from the Star Magic Ball 2011

I love balls, proms, awards shows and any event that requires people to dress up to the nines. Sometimes, when I watch the Oscars, it wasn't so much on who won the Best Actress title, or which was Best Film of the year.  Although those details are of equal importance, I find the celebrities' many different looks and styles of great importance as well.

Hence, the recent Star Magic Ball held by the giant network ABS-CBN made me sit up and study each of the celebrities' looks for that night.  Held at the Peninsula Hotel, it was indeed like "magic", as most of the ladies looked like princesses and queens straight from a fairy tale.  However, if we had our own Fashion Police show here in the PH, like what the US have on E! network, some of them will have their taste of lambastings and insults based on what they decided to wear on that fateful night.  I, for one, had my own bad comments about some of the not-so-tasteful get-ups for the event.  But in the spirit of the magic ball, I will just clue you in on the prettiest, loveliest, most elegant and inspiring looks for that night (well, in my opinion, that is). 

Warning: Photo-heavy. :)




Venus Raj was like a goddess in her gown.  Her choice of hair updo also matched her outfit really well. One of my most favorite looks of the ball.


Bea Alonzo's long-sleeved gown was both classic, elegant and sexy.  She's daring enough to show a bit of peek-a-boo.  Her red orange lips complement her whole ensemble.


Iya's look spell Old Hollywood glamour.  I like that her pin-up curls were cleanly-made.  Her red wine lips sure added glamour to her whole outfit.

Although already part of a rival network, Heart paid tribute to where she began her whole career, which was very classy of her.  I especially like the feathers on her white gown, which was made by Inno Sotto. Soft makeup showed her pretty face well.

Of all the red gowns worn for the ball, Rica's version is my fave.  Simple yet classy.  The loud color calls for much simplier details, which was perfectly matched by her lips.

I like the sheer detail on Angelica's gown.  Her red lips added that much needed punch of color to her whole look.

I like a gown that's simple, timeless and elegant.  Sam Pinto's nude gown shows all those. You don't have to don a huge ballgown just to standout.

Here's an example of being able to rock those many details in a dress.  Jodi's feathers and beadwork made into a classic shape is truly lovely.  I just wish she put her hair up, to show off her dress better.

Talk about being quirky and funny! Only Pokwang can sure pull that look off.  She reminds me of Queen Amidala from Star Wars.  She actually wore two outfits for the event, but this was what I liked best.

Kathryn Bernardo of Mara Clara knows how to dress for her age.  She looked like a princess in this pretty gown, complete with a shimmery hairpiece.

Another teen who knows how to dress appropriately for her age, Hopia Legapi from Goin' Bulilit.  She shows here that she's fully grown-up, yet still young to be able to rock her cute frilly gown.  Her nude, soft makeup complements her dress too.

Talk about adding a bit of drama to the usual black gown that most celebs wore for that evening.  Megan Young's backless frock drawed attention to her sexy back.

All photos were taken from Stylebible.ph.
To view more of the celebrities present for that night and to see their looks, click here.

So, what about you? Who's your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!