Monday, September 26, 2011

Review: Maybelline's Watershine Pure Lipstick in P11

trying out photos with text effects

Heya..how's Typhoon Pedring keeping up with you so far?  As for me, I usually hate the rain. But when the weather becomes cold like now, I'm not complaining anymore. Especially if I can just cozy up under my blanket and snooze all day. How I wish I could do that all week!

Oh well, enough of that. Let's move on to my review for today's post.

FACTS:

Place bought:  Robinson's Galleria Department Store, Beauty Section
Price:  around 299++ PHP.  But I remember that I got this when Maybelline was having a sale and I hoarded products from their counters. I even posted about that in my personal blog here.  Hehe.
Packaging:  Comes in a silver, metallic tube, which is so sleek & shiny but doesn't attract fingerprints too much.
Shade:  P11 is a nude pink shade.  It's also very light pink, that the color doesn't really show up in one swipe.

Let's take a closer look...











Here's a swatch:




MY CONCURRENCES:
1.  It's a moisturizing lipstick, so I like that it doesn't dry out my lips.
2.  The color is great for when I just want some subtle color on my lips, but lotsa shine.
3.  This is my second tube from the Watershine collection, and I really like how moisturizing the lipsticks are.
4.  It isn't sticky at all.

MY DISSENT:
1.  Not really long-lasting, but that's a given because it's a moisturizing lipstick.
2.  You need several swipes for the color to show up.

Here's a shot with me wearing it.


very nude on me, right?

OVERALL VERDICT:
I'm a fan of Maybelline's Watershine lipsticks, although I do prefer long-wearing lippies.  What I like about these lipsticks is that they're a lipstick, lipgloss and lipbalm in one.  So all I need is just one swipe, and I'm good to go.  But with this shade, I had to layer it more for the color to show up on me.  Otherwise, I only end up with shiny lips.  Overall, for the price, it's a very affordable, easily accessible and great lippy to tote.

4 comments:

  1. This lipstick looks so shiny! And lovely fotd~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent been using lipsticks only lipbalms. Im afraid to use it coz my lips are always chapped. :( But i feel like trying nude lipsticks now. Btw maybe you can do a review on bronzers? i need a good and affordable one. I have max factor but it doesnt stay put. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sarah: go for moisturizing lipsticks instead.

    ill try to do a bronzer review, but im still learning how to use those. i only have a cheap phil. brand bronzer right now, & still trying to rock it. hihi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @popblush: thanks, dear! i enjoy checkin out your FOTDs too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!