Friday, October 28, 2011

Review: MAC's Peachykeen Sheertone Shimmer Blush

I've been wanting to post a review on this for the longest time since I got this blush.  But the wait is over, I'm now ready to make a review.






FACTS:

Place bought:  I got this from a Blog Sale made by Martha of The Beauty Junkee Eats Lipstick. To know how I was able to purchase this, click here.  But this is available in MAC counters and online.

Price:  Regular Price is about 1,000 PHP or $19.50. But since I got mine from a blog sale, I only paid 500 PHP for this. Almost half the original price. (Neat, huh?)

Packaging:  Comes in the usual MAC blush casing in a black compact.  The size is enough to fit into your makeup kits. I didn't have this in its original box, though.

Shade:  Peachykeen is a warm peach shimmer blush that goes on very sheer.   It has tiny gold specks in it, too.  However, it appears like a muddy dark peach in the pan.

More photos coming up!







no flash


with flash


Swatches:



with flash

no flash
MY CONCURRENCES:
1. Very soft powder and buttery. One swipe or dip of a brush into the pan already picks a lot of product.
2.  I love that it is sheer and makes it buildable in achieving the desired color I want.  This is very pigmented, even if it's sheer. One swipe of a finger over the powder gives an opaque peach color.
3.  Lasts really long on my chubby cheeks, about 4-5 hours.
4.  The shade is very natural on me.  I rarely wear peach blushes, but this one changed my mind. It doesn't appear orange and I think it's perfect for complementing a smoky eye or a heavily-lined eye makeup.
5.  The shimmers are subtle enough to not make me look like a disco-ball.
6. For 6grams, the price is reasonable enough.  It would probably take me a long time to hit the pan.

MY DISSENT:
1.  Because it's very soft, it has the tendency to be messy in the pan.  I hate it when that happens because it's like wasting too much product.  This is the only dissent I have so far.


How it looks on my cheeks:



OVERALL VERDICT:
Because it's from MAC, it's expected to be of very good quality. Highly pigmented, very soft, and not chalky at all.  The lasting power is also great.  I recommend this blush for office wear, it's not too in-your-face blush and it's very natural.  It also goes very well with nude lipsticks.  If ever I hit the pan, I'll probably consider this again. However, there are other products I'd like to try, too.

I like MAC makeup because even if the prices are quite high-end, it's also reasonable because of the quality of the products. However, I still recommend buying from abroad as it's so grossly-marked up here in the PH.  (Well, just my thoughts.)

Have fun with the long weekend, girls! What are you up to?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!