Friday, October 7, 2011

Review: Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick in MF21



I seem to be having a liking to Maybelline Watershine Lipsticks.  Last Sunday, when I went to pay the bills at SM Cubao, I didn't realize that there was a mallwide sale going on.  So when I checked out the Beauty Section, I found out that Maybelline was having a 20% off for all items.  At first, I wanted to try the new Cover Girl Lipsticks that are very very pigmented. However, they weren't on sale and each cost a hundred bucks more than Maybelline's.  Needless to say, I just settled for three Maybelline lippies.  Among the 3, here's my favorite. So let's go to the review:

FACTS:

Place bought:  SM Cubao Department Store, Beauty/Watson's Section
Price:  Regular Price is 299.00 PHP, but since it was on sale, I got it for only 239.00 PHP. Not bad right?
Packaging: Still the same silver, mirror-like twist up tube.
Shade: The shade is called MF21.  I wish they can come up with more creative shade names, instead of just mere codes. It's kinda confusing.


Here's a closer look at the packaging:





And here's a few shots of the lippie and some swatches:






left: one swipe
right: two swipes



with two swipes, under white light



MY CONCURRENCES:
1.  This is a moisturizing lipstick, so I'm happy that I can use this alone, without having to swipe a lipbalm after.
2.  It glides on smoothly, with its creamy soft buttery texture.
3.  The shade is sheer pink, although it appears to be darker on the tube.  Upon layering, the desired color can be achieved.  But I'm okay with just two swipes.
4.  As it's a moisturizing lippie, the staying factor is only good for at least 2-3 hours sans eating or drinking.
5.  There's also a bit of shine, so it also acts like a lip gloss.

MY DISSENT:
1.  The color payoff is really nice, I just wish it could last longer on the lips.

Here's a makeup look wearing the Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick in MF21.




OVERALL VERDICT:
If you're looking for a sheer pink and not too overwhelming pink lipstick, then this product is a good deal to try. Very affordable and easily found in any department stores, supermarkets, and drugstores.  It's a great everyday lipstick for that sheer wash of color on the lips.  It gives color, shine and moisturization to the lips.  I bought another shade from this line, and will be reviewing that soon.  That's how much I adore these lippies.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!