Saturday, December 31, 2011

My 2011 Misses

As promised, here's my list of products that didn’t quite reach my expectations for year 2011 –




1.       Love Minerals Blush in Pink Quartz–I made a review of this and I said that although I loved the color, I didn’t like the texture and the smell. Well, it’s still the same.  I haven’t been using it at all. I know they have a new formulation, I hope it’s way better now.

2.     Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder –  I got this because my loose powder from The Faceshop is almost finished up.  I’ve read good reviews on this, too.  Unfortunately, it didn’t make it to my list of favorites.  It kinda broke me out a bit, and it wasn’t smooth and soft as I expected it to be. Felt like applying grains on my face.


3.      Shawill Retractable Face Brush – I ranted about this brush here.  It sheds, it bleeds and it hurts my face. So boo. Check out my rant here.

4.     Fashion 21 Blush Stick –  I liked this on average. It was good for some time, but now I think my stick is drying up already.  It’s not soft and smooth in application.  It needs major rubbing so the product will show on my cheeks.  But as part of my emergency makeup stash in the office, it works for now. See my take on this here.


5.     Love Minerals Lipsticks – Again, for Human Heart Nature makeup, the colors are nice nudes.  However, the textures are the problem.  They were nice at first, but now, they are drying up.  Better formulation, please.

6.     Etude House Peach Skin Pact – Ok, I’ve read about this, but I was disappointed.  It doesn’t really work to cover up skin.  It’s just plain powder with subtle shimmer.  The scent is nice, though. But other than that, this is way better as a highlighter, although countless touch-ups are required.

7.      Staniac – I’ve made a post about this before.  As a stain, it’s good. But I just really hate how gel-like it is.  It’s sticky and hard to work with, in my opinion.

8.     Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick – This has good color pay-0ff.  But it dries up my lips, seriously.  See my review here.

9.     Stila Smudgepot in Kitten – Ok, it’s either I got a dud, or this just really dries up so quickly! The color is a really, really nice eye base hue, and I so wanted it to work on me.  So I had to improvise, add some baby oil on it, and try to work it so it won’t be a total waste of money.  But I still hate that it dries up so fast on the pot. Grr.


So there you go, my ladies.  Did some of these products work well on you, or did they also “fail” you?  I’d really love to hear you out. 

2012 is just around the corner. Aren't you all excited?  Cheers for 2012!


2 comments:

  1. Oh jeez, I've had my eyes set on that Ben Nye Banana Powder for quite some time now. So sad that it was a miss for you.


    In case you feel like letting it go... tee-hee. :P

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pammy: im thinkin of sellin/swappin it soon in Girltalk. stay tuned! hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!