Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Lip & Cheek Stains Comparison

Hi there!

For tonight's post, I will be doing a sorta comparison and mini-review of all the lip and cheek stains that I currently have in my stash.  I have been addicted to these products since my college days, and I always had one in my purse.  Needless to say, I've gone through a LOT of brands (from high-end imported ones down to our own local yet affordable options) and tubes already such that I consider myself an expert when it comes to lip and cheek stains.  Although as I grew up and learned to branch out to other modes of applying lip and cheek color, I still think that these stains should be "staples" in one's makeup stash.  

So moving on, right now, I have these stains in my collection:




And here are swatches of each, labelled accordingly for your references:

with flash
lower photo - after blending

no flash

Let's go through them one by one, shall we?


The Balm's Stainiac - Marketed and used as a lip and cheek tint.  I had high hopes on this one when I bought it.  I thought it would be "liquidy" in texture, but was surprised to find out that it was gel-like in texture instead, with clumps in between.  I had a hard time applying it on the cheeks as proper blending is essential.  Also, I tend to have more product left on my finger than in my cheeks.  As for using it as a lipstain, it works okay for me, I apply it like a lip gloss.  What I like about this brand is that it really does stain.  The staying power in both lips and cheeks are remarkable. However, because it's a gel, I have a hard time finishing the rest of the product in the tube.



The Body Shop's Lip and Cheek Stain - Best-selling makeup product from The Body Shop.  Most of my friends or classmates use this and wear it everyday.  When I finally got my own tube, it was just sorta average for me.  Nothing spectacular, except that it works really great as a stain on the cheeks.  My issue with this brand is that, again, it's gel-like.  I hate blending gel stains, it takes too much time, as you need to use enough and blend enough just to get that desired "blushed" effect.  However, it's still usable for me, I grab it when I'm in a hurry.




Etude House's Proof 10 Aqua Tint - So far, this is the best one I have in my stash right now.  I think I found a dupe for Benefit's Benetint.  Have you tried using Benetint? It's liquid, it's easy to blend and apply, and it stains on for good!  Etude House hit the correct mark in creating this tint.  When I tried this Proof 10 tint in the counter, I was sold in a jiffy.  I was looking at that time for a dupe for Benetint, because it's very expensive in the PH.  I loved it the instant I tried it! Hence, right now, I bring this during my travel trips.  It's the one I use for quick touch-ups while on a plane ride.  One swipe on the cheeks, with a few dabbing motion after, and I'm good to go.  On the lips, one layer is enough to give that rosy tint.  It's water-proof, sweat-proof, and kiss-proof!   




Etude House's 55 Kissful Tint Chou - I have blogged about this before here.  As a stain, this works best for the lips.  The color is buildable, from sheer pink to bright cherry lips. It's also gel-like, but not like Stainiac's consistency and texture. This one is easier to blend.  It stains the lips really well and stays on for at least 5-6 hours.  I use this when I just want "no fuss" lip color on days when I'm too lazy to pucker up.  The only issue I have with this tint is that it has this strong alcohol or oil scent, but it quickly goes away though.


Quite a long entry, huh? Well, I hoped you enjoyed tonight's post.  Hopefully, when the weekend holidays kick in, I'll have more time to do my makeup blogging.

See yah!!


4 comments:

  1. also love the kissful tint chou from etude house! i also have one

    visit our site too ;)
    http://alarillasisters.com
    and we can keep in touch via gfc:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi where can i buy stainiac?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for pat time homebased job? No need

    to pay, Just click the link, register and get

    started.. Goodluck! :)

    http://payjob.xyz/?pay=bellagrey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!