Friday, December 23, 2011

Review: MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Overtime






Hey, I'm on a roll today! That's because I'm not really doing anything at work right now. Ya know, just surfin' and chillin' with officemates.  Because seriously, how can anybody work right now when everyone's ready to go home and celebrate Christmas? 

Anyhow, here's one of my long overdue review.  As I said in my previous posts, I got a loot of makeup gifts from my Auntie who came to visit from the US.  My cousin also threw in a bunch of other makeups, which she wanted me to review.  Honestly, I'm so ecstatic to try all of them, but hey, life gets in the way sometimes. So for now, I'm posting this review of one of my favorites in the batch. 


Facts:

Place bought:  MAC store in the US
Price:  I got this as a gift.  But regular price is at $17 in MAC stores, but in the PH, it costs a little over a thousand a pop.
Packaging:  Encased in a round and smooth tube, with a slight metallic finish. Different from regular MAC lipstick tubes.
Shade:  Overtime - appears like a light nude peach in the tube, but goes on as an opaque baby pink on the lips or when swatched.

Let's see some swatches and more photos:

left: no flash
right: with flash

with flash




no flash


MY CONCURRENCES:
1.  I enjoy the vanilla or candy scent.
2.  Glides on very smoothly on the lips and the color is so opaque that one swipe is enough.
3.  This lipstick is definitely long-wearing! It lasted on me after about a cup of coffee and 2 glasses of water.  It stayed on also even after my lunch, but not as perfectly as the first swipe.  I think it could last for a good 6 hours.
4.  Not drying on the lips.  In fact, it was very creamy and butter-y in texture and feels very light on the lips.

MY DISSENT:
1. The only bad thing I can say about this lipstick is that it's so costly.  But I guess, it's worth it, given the quality of the lipstick.

OVERALL VERDICT:
I love MAC's Pro Longwear Lipcremes!  This may cost slightly higher than the regular tubes, but it comes with an extra kick.  That longwearing thing got me curious right away, so I was so eager to try this out.  I had my Auntie and my cousin (Thanks, Em!) in the US buy me a couple of these, my other shade is Love Forever.  And I'm tellin' ya, these are so totally worth it.  

I got compliments from my girlfriends when I wore this to one of our get-togethers.  Hence, I was the subject of that day's photoshoot.  My photographers Brenda and Hiedie got clickin' away, so what's a girl gotta do? I made my poses right away, too! So below are their shots of me, sporting this lovely MAC Lipcreme.





It matches my dress very well, dontchathink?

(Thanks Brends and Hieds!)

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing such a lovely review...I love the shade...and it suits you really well...=)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!