Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Flush




Flush it down, babe!  Just one more post, before I doze off to sleep.


I got this new fave blush as a gift from a friend who came home from the US.  Tarte is a US cosmetic brand that claims to be natural when it comes to the ingredients in their products.  It is also animal cruelty-free.  With all those claims and being an advocate of natural ingredients myself, I got sold!

Let's get down to my review.





FACTS:

Place bought:  I got this as a gift, but my friend got this from Sephora. I think this is available locally online thru Multiply or Ebay.
Price:  As mentioned, it's a freebie! However, regular price from Sephora is $25.00 or around PHP 1,450.00.
Packaging:  Sold in a plastic box, but the product itself is encased in a round smooth compact in the same shade as the blush.  It also comes with a mirror.
Shade:  Flush is described in the website as "deep berry" shade.  It comes off as a dark matte fuschia in the pan, but applies as a bright and deep pink upon swatching.




More photos:





Swatches next!

with flash

no flash

MY CONCURRENCES:
1.  Very, very pigmented! One swipe of a brush will give instant color to cheeks.  And because it's pigmented, I find that I can even use my fingers just to apply dots on my cheek.
2.  It is made of natural ingredients, which meant no parabens, and mineral oil.  Amazonian Clay is the featured ingredient which Tarte claims to be "nature's most perfect ingredient that promotes skin balance".  
3.  It really does last long on the skin, but not exactly 12 hours, like what the name claims.  At most, it lasts on me for 8 hours max.
4.  I seriously love the packaging, very classy and stylish at the same time.  The engraved design on the pan is also a nice touch.
5.  No scent detected.

MY DISSENT:
1.  Because the shade is so pigmented, a light hand is necessary to apply the blush.
2.  I have no other rants for this product.

Wanna see how it looks on me?  I wore and road-tested this blush while I was on my trip in Malaysia.

indoor lighting thru the hotel's window

in the outdoors - Genting Highlands.

OVERALL VERDICT:
I'm loving my Tarte!  If I want pigmented cheeks instantly, I can totally rely on this shade.  Flush is such a great berry shade that I think complements most skin tones.  However, this would probably work better on darker skin tones.  A good blush brush is highly recommended and proper blending is important to achieve that natural-looking flush.  I also enjoy the skin benefits that the Amazonian Clay ingredient claims to have. So far, I have no break outs from it.  My only qualm is that it's not easily available locally.  I had to ask my friend to get this for me. Tarte has other award-winning products like its cheek stains and beautifully-packaged palettes.  I so wish that the brand will become available in the PH, too.

Ok, that's it for today.  I really have to sleep now.
Till my next post!


1 comment:

  1. 'Flushed' looks amazing on you! I think that Tarte Amazonian blushes are a must have :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!