Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Golden Globes 2012 Red Carpet Looks

It's awards season once again in the other side of the world called Hollywood.  And like most people, aside from knowing which were the best movies for the year, it was also a chance to explore and learn about fashion.  In fact, more than the movies, I am almost more fascinated with the evening gowns, tuxedos, and ravishing makeup looks.  It has always been such a treat to watch these stars walk one by one on that famous red carpet.

And so, here is my own Best Dressed List for the night (all photos from http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/):

The quirky and funny Zooey Deschanel chose to embrace her own style, as seen in her TV show. Using bright color green as accents to her dress gives off that funky vibe.

Ooh..Madonna! I heard she made raves at the awards show.  Although there's too much detail in her gown, the shade didn't make it look too over the top. Besides, only Madonna can pull off something like this. I like the simple wavy hair.


The very sexy Sofia Vergara.  First, let me begin that I so love the hairstyle - very simple, yet neat and classy. Her mermaid gown was a great choice for showing off her curves.


Nicole Richie- always the style icon.  I love the glittery gown with a minimalist cut.  Her hair was also understated enough to make her gown be the center of attention.


Another Nicole - Nicole Kidman, that is.  Her gown is so elegant and classy.  I love the gold beaded details which accented her equally golden hair. Matchy-matchy!

Chanelling the 20's vibe that is said to hit 2012's runways, Michelle Williams is both cute and classy. More than her gown, I like the matching headband detail on her pixie cut.


Jessica Biel looks like a bride with that sheer lacy gown.  But I love that it gives off an ethereal and sweet vibe.  Minimal colors on the face and simple hairstyle compliment that "innocent" look.


Another Jessica - Jessica Alba.  It was reported that her daughter told her that her gown looks like a mermaid.  It really does look like it has scales. But I like the color and the details, it accentuates her golden tan skin.


Diana Agron - Glee's resident beauty queen.  Well, that's my opinion.  She really looks pretty and cute in this eyelet red gown, with lotsa tiers. Her matching red lipstick finishes off the whole look. Love!

Finally, the last but definitely not the least, because her look was my favorite of all! Angelina Jolie, beaming with her man Brad Pitt, in a simple-cut white gown with a red detail.  I like the hair, I like the makeup, and I love her figure.  Many voted for her as "best dressed", too. Don't you think so?

Well, that's my take. What about you?  For more information about their designer gowns, log on to http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/.





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all of the outfits! Super duper nice. My favorite is ... aahhhhh I can't decide! Hehe. If only I had a body of a celebrity.

    Chrissy

    My Makeup Blog | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know..let's work to get those figures, too! haha!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog!