Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Yakson House Experience





Sometime last year, I was emailed by the owner of Yakson House Makati.  I was asked if I would like to try their services or program in exchange for a blog post or review about them.  I agreed, but I didn't really know anything about such place.  I was given a website, so I can checkout what they have to offer.  So I browsed and Googled, until I learned that Yakson House, which is Korean-based, specializes in bone therapy massage.

Now, what exactly is bone therapy, you may ask? I grabbed this apt description from their website-

" The bone therapy is new field of an aesthetic therapy that was created by the combination of the bone treatment which was invented by the president of YAKSONMYUNGGA and health beauty programs. The bone therapy uses the handcrafts to stimulate the blood flow efficiently. Those stimulated blood flow by the bone therapy perform its ability of nature healing by providing nutrition and cleaning the body wastes. The bone therapy is a natural therapy that makes healthy beauty of face and body shapes. YAKSONMYUNGGA completed its own unique healthy beauty program with experiences and know-how. "
Interesting, huh?  And so, I set my appointment and tried one of their programs, which was the Face Reduction Care.  It's been a while since I had a real facial, and so this was quite similar, except that it came with a bone therapy massage.


did you notice the price? i know, it's quite expensive.


Here's what my massage bed looked like:


there's a basket for all personal items.  the pink shirt and shorts are what you have to wear during the procedure.

here's what's printed on the shirt.


The equipments and products used on me:






How did it go?  Well, the first procedure was a back massage using a special combination of unscented oils imported from Korea.  I noticed that unlike other massage places, they use a lot of oil, which I actually liked.  And then next was the face cleansing and suction.  It was like a facial procedure, but instead of the usual pricking process, they use a machine which sucks up all the oil, dirt and grime from the pores. It hurt at first, but I told the therapist so she adjusted the machine.  But I liked that part actually, even if it hurt - it was nothing compared to the pain I always had to endure during facial pricking.  All the creams, cleansers and beauty products used for the procedure are especially made from Korea. 

Finally, it was time for the bone therapy for the face.  My program was the Face Reduction Care which aimed to sculpt the shape of the face into the more ideal oval shape.  I have a very round face, but one time treatment isn't enough to show the results.  What they recommend is a total of about 10 sessions to see results. The therapist who attended to me was the owner, Kim, she's a Korean.  Before we began, she told me that the procedure would be a little "aray".  Indeed, it was painful to an extent, but it was endurable.  I could feel her palms and fingers pressing deeply into my skin to reach the bones.  She does it slowly, so it wasn't quite that painful.  After the bone therapy, my face was cleansed once again and different kinds of creams were massaged into it. Overall, the experience made me feel rejuvenated and cleansed. 


A display of the creams used for the procedure (Php 3,000 each), together with other beauty creams (including a BB Cream for Php 2,000), which are all for sale.

However, the unique procedure was one thing, but for a skin treatment place like the Yakson House, there are a few other things that I usually have to consider.  I have no problem about the service - the staff and therapists were really nice even if I came in about 15 minutes late for my appointment.  What I didn't really enjoy was the ambience of the place.  All clients were treated into a common area - male and female alike - with only green curtains separating each massage bed.  It kinda reminded me of a hospital ward when I came in.  It was lit with bright fluorescent lights so during the massage, I was a bit conscious - not only because it was so bright, but I knew that other clients were just lying on each of my sides, plus the other staff are like waiting by the corner, as if watching everybody.  It lacked that certain privacy effect for a skin treatment place, compared to the ones I've been to. Also, when I used their restroom, even if it was cozy and roomy inside, the interiors and floors aren't that clean.  But maybe, it was only during my time.

Another thing is that, the prices of each session are quite expensive.  My one session alone costs Php3,600.00 already.  Considering the high-end prices they have for their services, I was expecting that the physical place would also be high-end.


the President of Yakson House - Lee Byung Chul. He created and developed the bone therapy procedure.
 
This is me after the procedure in the lobby / waiting area. No makeup!

My free magazine and brochure

They also gave me a magazine and a brochure about their other programs and skin care available.  So far, the ones that intrigued me aside from the Face Reduction Care, was the Bridal Care, Belly Muscle Care, Body Weight Care and Unequal Face Care.  While I was chatting with their Filipina receptionist/therapist Christina, she told me that most of their clients are either Koreans or Japanese.  And they've been around in the Philippines for almost 3 years already. I guess reaching out to bloggers is their way to market their services to Filipino clients.  

To know more about Yakson House, check out the link provided above.  Yakson House is located at G4 Perla Mansion, 117 Don C.Palanca St. Legaspi Village, Makati. You may also contact them at 02-892-9441.  They are open on Mondays to Saturdays, 10am-8pm.



3 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun experience.But it really is quite a bit pricey for me too. Sounds like you had a great time though!

    Chrissy

    My Makeup Blog | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, This is Yumin Kim :)
    In behalf of my team, YAKSON HOUSE MAKATI BRANCH, we are very happy to heard from you what you had been experience here.
    Thank you very much for your time and hope to see you again
    Have a nice day and God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!