Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review: MAC Blot in Medium/Dark

Heya, girls!

Finally, a real full-blown review on my MAC Blot.  So, here's the scoop, read on...




FACTS:

Place Bought:  MAC Store in Rustan's Makati
Price: 1,350.00 PHP
Packaging:  Comes in a box (not in the photos, though.), it's a round black compact, with a puff. 
Shade:  My shade is Medium/Dark.  Apparently, it's the darkest shade for this line. But it applies almost invisible, so it suits me.





MY CONCURRENCES:
In my previous blog post about this product, I raved about this product.  It's my current touch-up powder, which I use everyday.  It eliminates the oil and shine from my face, most especially if used as a finishing powder.  It lasts for about 5 hours on me, under an air-conditioned environment.  I like the lasting power, and how it applies transluscent on my skin.  It also visibly reduces the appearance of my larger pores on my nose. I use this with my Charm kabuki brush, not with the puff, and it does real wonders on my skin.

MY DISSENT:
Need I stress it out more? I hate the steep price for an everyday powder. I cannot afford to buy it, given that I can almost use it up for only 2 months.  I only had this last December, and the pan is already peeking.  So right now, I'm switching it up with my other powders, so I won't use it up quickly.  Also, I'm not really sure, but I wish they sold refills for this. Such a waste to throw out the nice compact for a new one, right?

FINAL VERDICT:
If not for the price, I'll say this is my HG touch-up powder.  If only I earn that much, then I can afford to buy this compact regularly.  But because, I'm also practical, I'd rather save my money for more important things.  But I have to say that all the hype about how this powder blots up oil effectively are all true.  It really works, especially on skin that gets oily and shiny due to our hot and humid weather. 

Not wanting to finish it all up at once, I'm currently looking for a dupe for this. Something cheaper, and much better if it's a local brand, too.  As of the moment, I think I found a dupe. But I'm still on the verge of testing it out.  Don't worry, I will tell you about it soon.

How about you?  What are your thoughts on MAC Blot?


4 comments:

  1. oh dear.. thanks for this review.. havent owned any mac blot except for lippie and e/s ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try, if you're willing to spend that much.

      Delete
  2. I just use Maybelline ClearSmooth. I'm fortunate that I'm not so oily! I only have to blot once with blot paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I use before, even when still in school. I think I might just go back to Maybs,too.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog!