Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Curls for 2012

Hiya, girls!

I had digital perm done at the Azta Urban Salon, Eastwood branch.  I've been itching to do something about my boring hair since the year started. But I knew that if I wanted long curls, I had to grow out my hair long enough.  At least, it also gave me enough time to save up for the treatment. As you may have read here before, I had curls before, but it was a regular perm.  It dried out my strands, so I had to cut it out and grow it out.  But now that my hair is up to my bra size, and seeing that I've saved up enough, it's time to embark onto my first digital perm experience.

Let's see, at first I looked like this at the salon...


The chemical for digital perming was from L'Oreal.  It was applied to my strands first until it soaked for about 15 minutes.  



And then, the metal curls were attached on each section of my hair.  Each curls were then attached to a machine,  I looked like I have a web of electric wires on the back of my head.  The machine warmed up my hair for about 15 minutes, I think, until my hair curled.  

And finally, to keep my strands from drying out, I had a deep intensive treatment for another 20 minutes.  All in all, the session lasted for 3 hours.  Good thing that Azta had free Wifi, so I was constantly entertained.

Are you ready for the results?











I love my new curls! After the treatment, I was advised not to wash my hair for 2 days. I also had to apply conditioner and a generous amount of curl enhancing products to maintain my curls.  I will probably do a separate post on the products that I use.

Here's a before and after shot:


From boring to glam!

I'm on my second day, and I have to say that it takes a lot of patience not to wash my hair with the very hot weather we're having right now. But patience is a virtue, especially for the sake of beauty.  And knowing that I spent a fortune on this treatment, I had to endure not washing my hair for another day.

Here's a last shot and a makeup look for ya:



Products used:
Kokuryu Summer Cake in Orange Blush
Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder
Eyebrowz in Medium
MAC Fluidline in Dipdown
MAC Blush in Dame
Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie

Sorry for the yellow light, but I think you get the picture. Haha!


*Details: Azta Urban Salon
                Eastwood City Walk
                Phone: (02) 6876527
Digital Perm: 3,000 PHP
Deep Intensive Treatment: 990 PHP
(I used my BDJ coupon for a 15% discount)



2 comments:

  1. I like it, a lot. The before photo, your hair was already looking flat. The after photo, you are glammed up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!