Saturday, April 7, 2012

On Sleeping Packs

Have you heard of Sleeping Packs? It’s this moisturizer or serum that’s supposedly packed with lots of good ingredients to improve and repair the skin while we sleep.  It adds more moisture to the skin compared to a regular moisturizer.  I first encountered this facial wonder when I attended the Laneige makeup workshop and they gave us samples of such.  Apparently, this Laneige Water Sleeping Pack is one of their best sellers.

Here’s how my sample looked like:




When I tried it out, I thought it would just work like an ordinary moisturizer. I followed the instructions thoroughly.  




Upon waking up, my skin was soft, radiant and super-moisturized.  I loved the effect on me, but since I only got samples, I only used them sparingly.  You know, only on those days when I pulled an all-nighter and my trusty concealer needed an extra help.  It had the effect of preventing my skin from looking dry, patchy and dull the next day, as if I had a full 8-hour sleep. So even if it was a bit on the pricey side (a little over a thousand pesos), I already contemplated on buying the full size.



But then, while browsing through Etude House one boring day, I chanced upon this. 



It’s their version of the Water Sleeping Pack, but they got different variants targeted for specific skin concerns.  I chose the one targeted for oily skin and pore tightening.  


I also followed the instructions on how to use it properly.




 Although they are used for the same purpose, they kinda looked different texture-wise.  The Laneige Water Sleeping Pack is a transparent cream, looking more like a gel.  It's also a bit on the sticky side.  And the scent is milder than the one from Etude House, which really smells like lotion.  The Etude House Sleeping Pack, on the other hand, is creamier in texture and whiter.  It's not as sticky as the one from Laneige.  Both are, however, non-greasy and applies smoothly.



The effect?  I think the Etude House’s almost the same.  And for a mere 300+ PHP, this one’s a steal compared to the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack.  Now, I use this one alternately with my regular moisturizer after using a toner.  After using it since December, I can say that it works wonders. It did help lessen the oiliness  a bit, but I’m also using other oil-controlling products so I’m not sure if that part really worked.  But as for radiant, hydrated and smooth skin the next day, it sure worked! Admittedly, not as good as the Water Sleeping Pack, but it could do for now.

How about you, any thoughts on Sleeping Packs? Have you tried any of these?

2 comments:

  1. I have an unused sample of the Laneige Sleeping Pack but haven't gotten around to using it. I might as well look for it tonight and try it. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it, before it expires. Sayang naman, knowing how expensive it costs. I hope it does wonders on you, too. Thanks for dropping by, Pammy!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog!