Sunday, April 22, 2012

Review: Etude House Orgel Light Eye Base




I have to admit, I’m not really a user of eye shadow primers or eye shadow bases.  You know, that little extra step in doing eye makeup in order to make eye shadows last longer on the lids?  The reason is that luckily for me, I don’t have oily eyelids.  And usually, only a pat of powder foundation on my lids is enough as base for my eye colors.   

But still, in my quest of discovering the wonders of makeup, I wanted to try one.  But being the practical chic that I am, I only wanted the affordable ones since I am just testing if it would work for me. Enter this little nifty compact of eye shadow base from Etude House.

FACTS:
Place Bought:  Etude House counter at the Beauty Section of SM Cubao’s department store
Price:  only 298 PHP.
Packaging:  Etude House makeup products are usually packaged in fancy, girly way.  Likewise, this little compact is a light shimmery pink one, and comes with a mirror. It’s so small, too.
Shade:  It’s a white cream, with subtle shimmers.






MY CONCURRENCES:
I only use my ring finger for dabbing the product into my eyelids and the result is a glimmer of cream on my eyelids.   There’s no scent detected, and for me, it’s an affordable alternative to other more expensive cream eye shadows that double as bases for eye color.  I also like the packaging - very small and handy.  When used alone without eye shadows on top, it works as a subtle shimmer on the lids, or as a highlighter on the brow bones.








MY DISSENT:
When I tried using a brush for application, it doesn’t pick up as much product as I wanted.   So I think it’s really better to use fingers, because the product isn’t as creamy and smooth as I expected it to be.  But I guess, the texture had to be like that because it aims to prevent oily lids throughout the day.  As for the wear time, I don’t really notice any significant difference in making my eye shadows last  longer on my lids rather than when I don’t wear it at all. 

Let's see some swatches:

unblended

blended



OVERALL VERDICT:
I’ve been using this since last year, and I am quite satisfied with it.  I don’t use it all the time though, but on days when I wanted my eye shadows to pop and last longer, I don’t neglect this cream.  Although I don’t really notice any difference in terms of the staying power, I think the layering with the eye shadows does help in making eye colors pop.  For girls with oily lids, I think this will work on you.  The cream makes the shadows stick to the lids. As for me, I’m lucky I don’t have oily lids, but it does help in the smooth application of eye shadows.

How about you, do you wear eye shadow bases for your lids, too?

Have a great week ahead!




2 comments:

  1. for those who have oily lids, it will make your lids oilier. i swear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really? I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that information. Thanks for dropping by, Keith.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog!