Thursday, April 5, 2012

Review: The Face Shop Blusher in PP401

What’s up, Ladies?

When I woke up late today, I was so relieved to remember that it’s the beginning of a long weekend.  I think this is the longest we ever had so far, right? So yay for that!

So for today, it’s time to catch up with my blogging.  I have lots of pending entries, even for my personal blog. For My Purple Points, let me start with this pretty blusher, or more appropriately, highlighter from The Face Shop.




FACTS:
Place bought:  The Face Shop store in SM Megamall (also, my favorite branch so far.)
Price:  325 PHP
Packaging:  Small white plastic compact in an oval shape. It has a small hole on it, so one can easily see the shade of blush underneath.
Shade:  The shade is named PP401. Not much creativity there, right? It’s part of the blushes of the Lovely Me:ex Collection, but this one is more of a highlighter in the shade of a pastel purple.








MY CONCURRENCES:
The reason why I got this one was because at the time, I was looking for a unique shade for a blush.  It goes more on the purple side, and I swatched it at the store to see the effect on the skin.  I knew instantly that it was meant to be a highlighter, rather than a blush.  But I like the fact that it’s an opaque shade for a highlighter.  With only subtle shimmers, this gives an almost luminous glow on me.  I also like the soft powdery texture, which makes it a breeze to apply.  It also works as a light wash of color on the eyelids, making me look wide awake. 




MY DISSENT:
As for wear time, it lasts for only about 3-4 hours on me.  But I don’t mind re-applying it, though.  The shade is also not flattering on most skin tones, especially for darker gals.  On my sister who’s a “morena” (with caramel-colored skin), this looks chalky on her which is definitely not flattering.  On the other hand, the packaging can also look flimsy.




OVERALL VERDICT:
I love this highlighter so much, it’s the one I use more often than the one I got from The Body Shop.  It works really nice over pink shades of blush.  But even if worn alone, it gives me that tiniest sheen as if I had glowing skin from within.  The color is also versatile enough to function as a lid color on days when I’m too lazy to pull out my stack of eyeshadows.  I also love the soft powdery texture so much that I actually recently purchased another shade from this line, but I’ll talk about that on a separate post. 

Sorry, I have no makeup look for this, but I do plan to post a makeup look using this soon.

How about you? Do you constantly use highlighters to give more definition to your blushes? I know I do, but I’d like to know your take on highlighters, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!