Wednesday, May 2, 2012

LOD: NYX Lipliner Pencil in Deep Red



What up yo?

Sorry for not updating lately, been quite busy for a bit.  I've gone on another beach trip, and maybe on this coming weekend, too.  Well, aside from being a self-proclaimed beach addict, I'm just making the most of the summer.

In the meantime, here's my lipstick of the day post - NYX Lipliner Pencil in Deep Red.




Given the harsh summer heat we've been having lately, it's too lazy to apply my usual makeup routine.  I just dab some BB cream with SPF before driving to work, and just do my minimal makeup in the car at our parking lot.  To make myself not look too pasty or pale, I rely on bright or opaque colored lipsticks or lip products.  And for today, I just grabbed this lipliner from NYX.

I bought this on sale at the Pur Beauty store in Serendra for less than 200 PHP, as far as I can remember.  It's a "buy one, take one" sale, so I also got another shade.  But let's focus on this one first.


I love the bright red color it gives off, despite being named "deep red".  And because it's a lip pencil, it can be drying on the lips, so I make sure to apply lip balm first.  Lip balm also helps to avoid tugging and pulling upon application and it ensures a smooth clean application.

It lasts on me for about 3 hours, as long as I avoid food or drinks passing onto my lips. It also left a bit of a stain on my lips while I was having my morning cup of coffee.

So far, I'm liking it.  No irritating scent detected, except for the usual pencil smell.  It can be layered to achieve that deep red hue, but one layer is enough to brighten up the face.    Using the blot method, this works as a nice stain on the lips, too.

Here's my overall look for today, just to give an idea -


Worn with MAC Studio Powder Foundation in NC40 (Because I got tanned), eyebrow pencil from Nichido, Styli-Style black eyeliner, Revlon mascara and MAC blush in Peachykeen.

*Photo taken with Ipod Touch under white indoor lighting.


Lip pencils are more commonly used as bases for wearing lipsticks, especially when wearing reddish colors to avoid the color from fading or feathering.  However, they can also be worn alone with a lip balm and it gives off that rich matte color.  Just remember to exfoliate and moisturize lips first, for maximum wear time.

Well, that'd be all for now.  Till my next post!



2 comments:

  1. lucky you as red looks great on you ^_^~ but not me, I seldom or I might say I don't wear red lippies at all because they look hideous on me >_<. Thanks for the swatch ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that.
    Well, maybe you just need to find the right shade based on your skin's undertone. That's how I learned how to choose my reds.Thanks for dropping by, Janet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!