Friday, June 15, 2012

Fairy Hair Trend

So sorry for the lack of posts lately.  I always forget my camera at home, so I don't have decent photos to show you for some of my new product reviews.  But I do promise to be back on track next week!

Anyhoo, this post is all about hair. Specifically, this on-going trend of pastel hair colors.  I personally would like to call it "fairy hair", because they really do remind me of fairies.  Think "Tinkerbell" and her golden hair.  Or think about the "Rainbow Brites" - do you remember this animated television series from the 80's?  (Ok, so I just kinda revealed my age there..LOL!)  The cute characters are named after their hair colors and my favorite obviously is Shy Violet, with her lavender hair.





When I was in school, I used to have a streak of red and then, pink, on my hair before.  I kinda miss that now, and I still remember how I created it.  Heehee.  But since I'm more on the professional side of things lately, I think it's best to just keep it all plain ash brown, which is my natural hair color.  But...

Plain is kinda boring, right? So I'm contemplating about getting a few pastel-colored streaks.  And I'm also doing research about how to create that look.  In the meantime, let me show you what colors I would love to sport someday.  (photo credits not mine, got them from Google)


The pink streaks look really cute over short blonde hair.


The dip-dyed hair trend, but still using pastel pink. I think this looks great!




OK, this is kinda extreme for me.  But I still admire how Katy can rock it so well.




Mint green, pastel blue and blonde.  Good combination, and the red lips is quite a contrast.



This is the right shade of pastel pink that I want.




Ooh, lavender hair with streaks of gray.  Very "fairy-like".



So... fairy hair. I don't really intend to dye my whole head, but I definitely would love to add some highlights of lavender and pink.

Do you like this hair trend? Think you can rock it, too?



1 comment:

  1. Hello this story came up on my Google reader and I liked it so much I shared it with our audience in our headline blog. Way to go and thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!