Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Review: Make Up For Ever Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector




Today, I began my day kinda frazzled.

I woke up earlier than my alarm clock, and by the time I actually got out of bed, I was already 15 minutes late.  My showers in the mornings are my versions of a "quick dip".  I barely have enough time, so the best I could do was wash my hair and my face.  It's quite a good habit that I always plan my outfit the night before, so I have no problems in that department.  But here comes the clincher - WHAT TO DO WITH MY FACE?!

Should I just put sunblock or a BB cream and head off to the parking lot?  Or can I still spare an extra 10 minutes to groom and fix my eyebrows and swipe a mascara?  But you know how it ends up? No matter how late I am, I always manage to put some eyebrow makeup on at least.  I have really thin and sparse eyebrows, so doing this step makes me look a bit decent.  And as for the rest of my face, I deal with that by the time I get to the office parking lot.  My emergency makeup kit in the car usually comes in handy at those times.

For the past few weeks, whenever I got an extra 15 minutes to spare, I bring out this gem of an eyebrow makeup from Make Up For Ever.  I say EXTRA minutes, because really, this product can't be applied if you only got a minute to spare.  It actually takes more effort than an eyebrow pencil.



Let's see the scoop:

FACTS: 

Place bought:  Make Up For Ever store, Bonifacio High Street, Taguig
Price:  1,250PHP (ouch!)
Packaging:  The product is actually a gel-like substance, encased in a tiny air-tight plastic tube, with a small nozzle for opening.  You get the product by squeezing it out.
Shade:  I got shade no.2, as recommended by the SA.






MY CONCURRENCES:

When the SA put this on me at the store, I was amazed.  A gel-like product for the eyebrows, that applies really well using an angled eyebrow brush.  I like the creamy consistency of the product, and how you can layer it on to achieve a darker hue if desired.   I mentioned that it takes a little more time to apply this, because you gotta make sure of the shape you're going at before you put on those strokes.  Gotta keep it clean and nice, too - unless you wanna end up with a messy brow.  I also dig the shade no. 2, it goes well with my skin tone and my hair color.  As for the price, it may be expensive but there's actually a lot of product because a little goes a long way.  One dot is usually enough to color both my eyebrows.





MY DISSENT:

Given the effort needed to achieve pretty-looking eyebrows, I say this isn't a product you can use while on the rush.  I also kinda liked that it was supposed to be "waterproof", which is the reason why I bought it.  The SA said I can use this while on the beach.  However, I tried it on while swimming and although, my eyebrows still got color on them, they ended up kinda messy or muddy.  For everyday, I find that using it alone isn't enough to hold the color in for the whole day.  So what I do is finish it up with a dusting of my trusty eyebrow powder from Eyebrowz, and it definitely helped make it last longer, up to at least 8 hours.



used alone




set with eyebrow powder



OVERALL VERDICT:

For a gal who got time on her hands, this eyebrow corrector is a great product to try.  I recommend a nice angled eyebrow/eyeliner brush to make application a breeze, like the Marionnaud one I got from Watsons.  Given that it takes about 15 minutes to apply, I only use this when I really got time.  Like when I happen to wakeup extra early in the morning, and I got a full 30 minutes to do my makeup.  Or when I go out on the weekend.

However, on days when I can't be bothered, I just rely on my good ol' eyebrow pencil instead and do the deed in the car.

But, I still say that you try it, for it just might work wonders on ya, especially if you got thin eyebrows like me.




1 comment:

  1. Seems like this product is great for busy people. Yay! Thanks for sharing!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!