Tuesday, July 31, 2012

LOD: Homegrown Lipsticks I love

Let me begin this post with an apology.  I have not been updating much for the past week, and I only have one thing to blame: exhaustion. After another three days out of town, travelling everywhere and doing work, I was exhausted last weekend and all I wanted to do was sleep all day.  If not for my laundry chores, I would've spent my whole weekend in bed.  The storm didn't do much to keep me alert, as I was really tired.

But enough about that, because today, I'm trying to makeup by posting three (3) lipsticks for my LOD series.  I happened to stumble upon these in my stash and I began to wear them again.  Apparently, my love for local cosmetics is still so alive and kicking, despite having tried other imported brands.  I don't know if it's the cheap thrill of finding a gem among the affordable brands, or maybe it's just pure love for all things makeup.

I aim to make this entry quick and short, so let's go through them each as briefly as I can:

(1) Human Nature's Tinted Lipbalm in Pink Orchid -

Sorry for not being able to show a swatch as I only have one photo for this post.  Anyway, I am currently using this as my go-to lipbalm.  It makes the lips soft and smooth, making them perfect canvasses for a richer lip color.  However, when worn alone, it lends a subtle shine and pink hue on the lips.  I like that I can use this alone, while sporting a strong eye makeup.

(2)  Ever Bilena's Matte Lipstick in Pink Flame -

I've mentioned about this before here in my blog. And I still note that it's still drying on the lips.  But I cannot pass up the color - it's a muted pink with brown undertones.  It would be a perfect everyday lip color, if not for the very drying effect.  So I always wear this with a lip balm, or else I'll end up with chapped lips at the end of the day.

(3) Fashion 21 Aqualicious Lipstick in Little Mermaid

This is a nice milky pink with warm undertones.  It could appear a bit bright, but can be toned down upon blotting.  I like that it's moisturizing, even if it leaves a stain on the lips. It leaves the lips shiny and glossy, too.

Well, that's it for now.  I will try to show some swatches, soon.  Right now, this is the only photo I have.

Enjoy the rest of the week, and keep safe from the nasty storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!