Sunday, July 8, 2012

Review: Shiseido Natural Whitening Liquid Foundation




I had this liquid foundation since December last year.  It was given to me by my Tita, and I was intrigued that it’s from Shiseido.  I can’t really afford to buy a very expensive foundation, so it was great to get my hands on one.  I know that this brand have good foundations. My Tita bought this abroad, in Laos. But it also says it's made in Japan.  However, as I was searching online to learn more about this particular foundation, I was surprised to only see it in a few websites – but not in the Shiseido website.  I’m thinking that maybe either it’s a fake, or a phased-out product.  But I happened to see some photos of it in websites in which language I couldn't understand.  




Now, I’m confused.

Nevertheless, no matter how it came about, I still tried it out and was surprised to see how it wore really well on my skin.  I don’t normally use liquid foundations, as I prefer using BB creams.  But this product made me change my mind.

Here’s the scoop:

FACTS:

Place bought:  Gifted. But it was bought at a department store in Laos, in a Shiseido stall.

Price:  No idea at all.

Packaging:  It’s in a glass bottle, with a plastic pump.  Nothing special, but the pump helps to control the amount to use.

Shade: I’m not sure if there are other shades, but mine is yellow-based, somewhat natural beige.  A little lighter than my skin tone, but it blends well on the skin.






MY CONCURRENCES:

The consistency is thin and light.  It’s easy to blend because of its liquid-y texture, either by using just fingers or a foundation brush.  If I have enough time, I prefer applying it with a foundation brush rather than just with my fingers. It dries up fast enough and blends on the skin right away.  It’s so light on the skin and best of all, it stays put for a long time.  Let’s say I applied it in the morning, and by mid-afternoon, I still have it on my skin. But that is when I wear it indoors.  Set with a loose powder, it gives off a bright and smooth texture.




left: unblended;    right: blended


MY DISSENT:

I guess first on my list is that I’m not really sure if this is a legitimate product from Shiseido.  So I’m kinda sad to know that it isn’t widely available.  Next is that, I wish it had sun protection so I won’t have to apply sunblock separately.  And lastly, the scent can be too overwhelming, even if it smells like baby powder. 


OVERALL VERDICT:

I love this liquid foundation.  Despite its doubtful origin and its lack of ingredients on the bottle, I still love how my skin looks dewy and smooth at the same time.  I’m normally oily on my t-zone, but this foundation only gives off a dewy effect, so it’s great.  I also like that it lasts for a long time.  I tried wearing this on a night out and stayed outdoors for the rest of the night.  I was surprised that I only needed to blot once and I still look radiant. 

Here's how it looked on me:



Hey, if you girls have any more information about this product, kindly drop me a line.  I'd really love to learn more and thereby, update this review better.  Please enlighten me, is it a fake Shiseido?

Anyway, I hope your weekend went well.  Mine was uneventful, which meant I had lots of rest.  Tomorrow is another Monday, and I wish you all the luck for the rest of the week.

Have fun!



4 comments:

  1. Hi!just got the same one!

    A friend bought it at a street market in Madrid. I have the feeling that it is fake. Either that, or a discontinued product...

    Have you found any additional info, or has anyone written to you about the posibility of it being a fake?

    It just gave me a weird feeling. But if you say yours was purchased in a Shiseido counter in Laos, perhaps it's ok. I am going to continue researching though. Maybe even write Shiseido.

    Perhaps we could share any info we get. I am a bit worried to use it as I suspect it might be unsafe.

    Take care and thanks for sharing.

    PS: you are the other only person I have found in the net with the same product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the comment. Well, i've been using this for months, and luckily, I havent experienced any breakouts so far. I'm thinking if it's a fake, then it's a pretty great fake. haha.

      Delete
    2. I'm having a product same you have. I read your comments but I don't know if I use it I'm ok? worry.

      Delete
  2. hi, I just have one from my friend which is the same as you. I think It's fake because I didn't find any infor on the internet. I found some mistakes in the bottle and the box. I applied on my hand skin and felt ok, but I'm worry about appling on face skin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!