A quick and short post about my current makeup brushes.
I don't own much, and I have several from different brands. My philosophy when it comes to makeup tools is to always look for quality tools, with a price that won't break the bank. I also don't believe in buying a full set, because I think I won't be able to use them all. What I do is just buy what I need and what I would really use.
So here they are...
I have a total of 19 makeup brushes at home. I got brushes from Marionnaud, Suesh, MAC, Ecotool, Etude House, ELF, and Charm. In this photo, you will notice that they're wet. I just actually washed them all this weekend. I have some other makeup brushes that I use for travel, which I already featured before.
My favorite brushes would be:
1. the Ecotools face brush, the big one with the wooden handle - I use this for highlighters and bronzers.
2. the Marionnaud eyebrow brush with spoolie - I can never leave the house without fixing my eyebrows, so I use this daily. I actually have small angled brushes that are not in these photos, which I use as backup.
3. the blush brush and eyeshadow brushes from MAC- I forgot the numbers, but my MAC brushes are just limited editions which came out during the Holiday collection of MAC circa 2008. I like them because despite being soft, they're stiff and they deposit product really well. The eyeshadow brushes are also great for blending colors.
4. the blending brush from Suesh - I got this separately from Suesh's stall in Trinoma. I love how versatile this brush is. I can use it to blend eyeshadows, to contour my nose, or to apply eyeshadows evenly on my eyelids.
5. Finally, I love all my eyeliner brushes, most especially the ones from Suesh and Etude House (the one with the pink handle). - In putting eyeliners, I prefer gel or cream. And I learned that I have full control in my application when using fined tipped or pointed brushes, rather than the flat eyeliner brush or the angled ones.
I also like my ELF brushes, most especially the skunk brush. I use this one for applying blushes. Overall, I actually use them all, even right down to the lip brushes. But I think I need another foundation brush, because this one from Suesh leaves streaks.
Well, that's about it for now.
Till my next post!