Sunday, August 12, 2012

Review and Swatches of my NYX Runway Palettes


An amazing sunny Sunday to y’all!




For today, I have decided to finally give you swatches of my NYX Runway eyeshadow palettes:  Bohemian Rhapsody, Versus and Secret World.  This is waaay overdue, and I really didn’t have plans of uploading these photos.  But for the past week that I just stayed at home because of the bad weather, I got too bored so I began to edit these photos.

This post will be full of photos, so bear with me.  I would also try to describe each palette in the briefest way possible.  I hope the photos will do justice to how pretty these palettes are.

Let’s begin:


BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY


Bohemian Rhapsody is the most neutral of all my three palettes from NYX.  It's an equal combination of shimmery, glittery and matte shadows.  However, as you can see in the swatches, the matte shadows appears chalky.  Those in the top layer, which are the shimmers, are softer and more pigmented.






The matte eyeshadows in the second layer takes about three layers to show up on my arm, while those with the shimmers on top required only one layer.  That shows the difference between the two textures.



VERSUS


For Versus, the combination of violet and purple hues worked well with the neutrals in this palette.  There are only two shimmery colors in this palette, while the rest are matte.  However, this time, the matte eyeshadows are more pigmented and softer to blend, most especially those with the purple hue.




But then again, some of the individual shades are also chalky, so it takes some patience to blend them well.



SECRET WORLD



Secret World has got to be my favorite palette.  Most the shadows in this palette are pigmented, soft and easily blended.  The colors are also more versatile and work well together.  As usual, these are combinations of matte, shimmery and glittery eyeshadows.



The green eyeshadows are notably softer to blend and one swipe is enough to show off the colors.  Those with shimmers on the first layer are also soft.


As you can see from the palettes, those shades with the most dents are what I usually use on a daily basis.  I love mixing and matching, so I don't just stay with one palette.  But for my travel gigs, I just choose which of these palettes to bring along, because anyone of them will definitely do.  I got these palettes last year, and they're still as good as new, save for the dented shades.  For the price of PHP 450 each, they're not bad at all, most especially for those who are still new to using eyeshadows.

But most importantly, for any kind of makeup, having the right eyeshadow brushes is essential to achieve flawless application.  So if you have these, you should also invest in the basic eyeshadow brushes to make them work well.

That's it for today.  I wish you all a well-spent Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!