Monday, August 13, 2012

Review: Human Heart Nature Balancing Toner


Changing skin. Or to be more apt, changing skin conditions. 
I guess we all go through that phase as we go through the years.  One moment, you’re super oily.  And the next thing you know, you begin to have dry patches on your face.  I guess we can also blame our hormones for that, because they do change as years go by as well.
Take myself for instance.  Back in highschool, I had perfect skin and only got the occasional zits during that time of the month.  Come college, which meant more time outdoors due to the freedom it entails, my skin became more greasy.  It’s combination, but with more oil being produced on my t-zone as usual.  Law school skin was an entirely different story.  I got pimples more frequently, more dry patches, but still have that super oily t-zone.  Probably due to more stress, lack of sleep, late study nights, smoking, alcohol and partying, I had to switch my powder to something more heavy-duty just to be able to keep the shine and zits at bay.
When it came to skincare however, I went through a lot of brands.  As years went on, I discovered my staples and what truly works for me, despite the many skincare fads that came and went.  
Now I have working girl skin, plus I’m in my early thirties.  It became drier, more stable and I only have pimples during that time of the month.  Add to that the fact that I stay in an airconditioned environment most of the time.  Because I now notice the drying effects of such environment, I began my search for a new set of skincare products.
Enter this toner from Human Heart Nature, hailing from the natural beauty fad.  I was aiming for a toner with no alcohol content, and when I saw this, I knew I had to try.


Well, what do you know? It worked! 
Click away to find out...




FACTS:
Place bought: Human Heart Nature store
Price:  PHP 185.00 for a 200ml bottle
Packaging:  It’s in a simple plastic bottle, with a flip-open top. FYI, there’s a new label available for new releases, but the formula is still the same.
Major ingredients:  Elemi and orange extracts, plus sugar beets, which all aim to balance the oil in the face. 
From HHN’s website, I also found this amazing trivia about Elemi:
“Did you know: Top luxury brands like Chanel, Dior, Ralph Lauren and Marc Jacobs all use Manila Elemi from the sap of the pili tree. This prized ingredient revered by the world’s beauty industry is found only in the Philippines!”



MY CONCURRENCES:
Since it is made without alcohol, I find it non-drying and my skin loves it.  I have also noticed that the oiliness over my t-zone has improved significantly when used regularly.  When I say regularly, that means I use it twice everyday.  I notice my face to become more radiant, but I’m also not sure if it’s solely due to this toner.  I also love the packaging, easier to use with the flip-open bottle.  The expiration date is also easily visible from the bottle.  And like all HHN products, this is cruelty-free and made from all-natural ingredients.
MY DISSENT:
It claims from the website to minimize the appearance of large pores.  I have some large pores on my nose, but I don’t see any changes. What I do notice is that my pores are cleaner – which means no clogging - which is not a dissent at all.



OVERALL VERDICT:
Since I’m now in my second bottle, I think I find it very effective.  As compared to the usual toners I use before from the drugstore, I find this one non-irritating and non-drying.  Without the harsh ingredients, I can actually feel it being nicer to the skin than those alcohol-infused toners.  No stinging effect and no drying effect at all.  With the added oil control factor, this one’s a keeper.


Now I think I will try the Balancing Facial Wash, which is from the same line.  Maybe it would do more wonders if I use the two products from the same line together.  Will let you know how it turns out.

In other news...
Hey, it's the start of another work week.  Aren't you excited (insert sarcasm here)?  Add to that the fact that it's cloudy and rainy today.  I heard there's a new storm brewing up, so it's gonna be another rainy week!  I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope the streets won't get flooded yet again. 
Be safe and stay dry, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review..I've never tried Human Nature's products because I don't know where to begin. They have a wide selection of products that are really interesting but this seems pretty interesting. I'm always using Toner's that contains alcohol because I can't find a non-alcohol one~ :\ I'll try to check this out soon.. Thanks for sharing ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I really need to try Human Nature's products. They're affordable and effective! Thanks for the review :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Human❤Nature DealerSeptember 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM

    I attest the effectivity of Human❤Nature products. You should also try the Sunflower Beauty Oil which evens out skin tone. I am an authorized dealer of HHN products. You can email me at hhnaturenangka@gmail.com for orders and I'll happily ship it to you.
    Pro-Philippines Pro-Poor Pro-Environment

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! i've been searching for review of this toner.. i used this for 2 days and hindi sya effective sa akin.. i mean hindi ako nahiyang.. sobrang nag dry yung balat ko and i also had breakouts.. naging rough din ung skin ko to think na 2 days ko pa lang syang ginagamit.. im disappointed.. hindi ko na lang tinuloy.. well maybe sa iba effective but not for my skin.. how sad..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!