Thursday, September 27, 2012

Review: Shawill Curling Mascara




Let’s give our lashes some lovin’ today.

How about swiping a mascara after your usual makeup routine in the morning? It certainly makes a lot of difference in opening up those sleepy eyes. 

Curling your lashes won’t even be a chore anymore, because I found something that will do that while defining your lashes at the same time. 

Have you tried this yet? Gals who are always in the rush in the morning would find this such a gem.  And it’s affordable, too!

But first, let’s go to the usuals…

FACTS:

Place Bought:  Watson’s, Market! Market!

Price: 199PHP for the huge tube, 99PHP for the small tube

Packaging: It’s in a huge black metal tube.  It’s quite heavy for a mascara, but I really find it handy and different at the same time.  The applicator is the usual mascara brush, but with smaller bristles.

Shade:  I don’t know if there are other shades, but this one’s in black.









MY CONCURRENCES:

To be honest, I won’t really have any interest in this mascara from Shawill if not for the raves I read at Girltalk .  For a cheap drugstore mascara from a brand who’s not so popular, it’s quite promising. 

It applies easily, and two coats are enough to define the lashes.  It’s also waterproof and smudge-proof.  What’s peculiar about this mascara is that it has tiny fibers in it, which attaches to each lash securely until it’s time to wash it off.  So I like that it’s easily removed like that.

As for the curling effect, in the photos below, I used it without using my lash curler.  It doesn’t entirely curl my lashes like how my Shu Uemura eyelash curler does, but it does help maintain a bit of curl.  If you use your lash curler together with it, it can hold your curl for the entire day.  Not bad at all, right?






MY DISSENT:

However, don’t expect your lashes to be va-va-voom. You know, like really long and luscious.  It only helps define your lashes, but without the noticeable extra length and volume.  What it does is just to define your lashes, plain and simple.


How it looks on me:

my bare lashes


with Shawill mascara

with Shawill mascara



OVERALL VERDICT:

For an everyday, no-fuss, natural-looking lashes, this Shawill Curling Mascara is good enough.  It’s easily accessible and the price can’t be beat.  I like bringing this with me during travels, because it does the job easily.  I won’t have to worry about having to remove it, too, because soap and water is enough. I don't even have to bring an eyelash curler, because the curling effect is enough for me for an everyday makeup look.

Now, how’s that for some lashes lovin’?



2 comments:

  1. Wow! great deal for an on the go mascara! Will try to visit the shawill counter soon..^_~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!