Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Soft Red Wine Lips

Products used:  Shu Uemura UV underbase mousse in beige; In2it powder foundation, Tarte blush in Flush;Majolica Majorca liquid eyeliner in Gray; Revlon Luscious mascara; Shu Uemura hard pencil for eyebrows in no.6;                         NYX lip liner in Plum; Buxom lip gloss in Dolly

The best time of the year to wear "burgundy", or "red wine" lips would be, like, now! 

It's official, the "chilly" months are here!  Time to rummage into your closets and wear those pretty cardigans, girls! 

Have you noticed yet?  Every morning of this week has been "extra" chilly.  I don't know about you, but it makes it harder for me to get out of bed.  My warm covers and soft pillows always seem to pull me back to bed.  Ahh, five more minutes please!

If we were to have four seasons in the Philippines, my favorites in terms of makeup trends would be Fall and Winter.  Right now, we see makeup brands with their own Fall collections being displayed at makeup counters.  As you will note, most of the colors range from rich shades of browns, deep oranges and reds.

As for me, some of my favorite trends for the Fall season is having to wear deep reds on my lips. I'm so over with the corals, bright oranges, and bright Barbie pink lips.  I'm all for wearing sexy lips, baby!

So this morning, I looked around my makeup drawers to find the perfect shade of lipstick for today.  I can't seem to find the right shade I want, so I opted to mix and match.  

Look what I found!




I grabbed one of my NYX lip liners in the shade of Plum - which is a deep dark red with blue undertones, making it plum in shade.  To soften the dark effect of the lip liner, I found my Buxom lip gloss from Bare Escentuals in a shade called Dolly - a warm champagne pink color with flecks of tiny gold glitter. 


left: NYX Plum;    center: Buxom Dolly;      right: NYX Plum with Buxom Dolly


A lovely mix! Here's a lip swatch:




It's not too red, not too dark, not too pale, but the overall effect is just so pretty!  I don't normally wear a lip gloss, but the rare exception that I do is because it's not too sticky.  This one from Buxom is just like that.  I made a review of these lip glosses here, for your reference.

Well, that's my take on achieving soft red wine lips. Do you like?

Do you mix and match to achieve the shade you want, too?


2 comments:

  1. Great results! i love the final outcome =) I don't mix & match my lippies but I do that on my foundation instead just so I could find the perfect shade for my skintone =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, dear! i love customizing my lip colors.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog!