Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cheap Thrill: My Customized Loose Powder


I had a dilemma.  I already finished my loose powder from The Face Shop - the Dewy Flower Moist Loose Powder (review here), and I initially thought that I need a new one.  

But I already have two separate loose powders in my stash which I use occasionally.  Well, the truth is I only use my loose powders during weekends or at times when I don’t need to be fully made up. Hence, I really don’t have the heart to purchase a new one, given that I have these two that are still about 80-90% full:  my Lewis & Pearl Body & Face Powder, and my Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder.  And I really don't have the luxury of buying any more makeups for now.




Performance wise, they both do pretty well in terms of a finishing powder.  They both control the oilies, whenever I use them separately to set either my BB cream or my sunblock.  However, the problem lies in their shade, such that the Lewis & Pearl powder appears too white on me, while the Ben Nye powder appears a bit dark or too yellow on me.

But then, an idea hit me!

mixing the white powder from Lewis & Pearl with the yellow Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder


A little creativity here, a bit of mixing and swirling there…  

I used my container of loose powder from The Face Shop and my Ecotools kabuki brush



and I have a new loose powder!



I decided to mix and swirl both powders, and what do you know?  The resulting shade is almost the same color as my loose powder from The Face Shop. And it smells good too, thanks to the refreshing scent of the Lewis & Pearl powder.  

Admittedly, if you see the photo below, the one from The Face Shop is a little light for me.  It's also more finely-milled, compared to the one I created because the Ben Nye powder appears a little grainy.

To compare, here's an old photo of the Dewy Flower Moist Loose Powder

Nevertheless, I loved how my creativity resulted.  Now, there's no need to buy a new loose powder.  Well, at least, not yet.

How did it look on me? Well, here’s my simple makeup look for today.  I only had sunblock on my face, did a bit of eyebrow makeup, swiped two coats of mascara, and finally, added some pink blush and lipstick.



I guess when you’re a little out of budget for a new makeup, there’s no harm in tweaking what you already have in your stash.


Have you tried experimenting with your makeup products?


2 comments:

  1. Hey! Cool! This mixture looks interesting and looks long lasting! Thanks for sharing!

    Great post! Anyway, I followed you on Google Friend Coonect! Hope you can drop by my blog and maybe get a follow back too? :) I would love it! Thank you and looking forward to more posts from you!

    XOXO

    www.MusingsofaMakeupMaven.com

    PS.
    I would love it if you can also join my 100 Followers Giveaway! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sabs! Thanks for dropping by. Will be checking your blog, too.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog!