Thursday, October 4, 2012

Eek! Molds on my Gel Liner!



This morning, I wanted to do a winged liner look.  So I opened my Fanny Serrano Gel Liner in Black.  I did a double take upon seeing this!

Eew!!






For the record, I bought this gel liner only last year, some time November.  And I always remember to seal it tightly after each use.  I honestly don't know what happened! Compared to my MAC Fluidline, that one seems perfectly fine, and I had that for more than a year now.  But this one from FS, what the F!??

So yeah, as much as I didn't want to waste it, I also knew I had to throw it away.  Who knows how deep the molds went in that pot? And since it's an eye makeup product, better safe than sorry.

I guess it's time to try out a new black gel liner.

Any recommendations?


8 comments:

  1. OMG!
    how can mold grow on your gel liner?!
    that's scary!
    >_<

    yep,just throw it, no questions at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, thiamere! I also don't know what happened. I liked the performance of this gel liner, so it was really heartbreaking! :P

      Delete
  2. I didn't expect that. Didn't expect mold to latch on something very waxy.

    I'm having a mold problem in the house too... Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was thinking the same thing. it's still soft and waxy, but the molds are kinda eew. too bad for a product that worked really well for me.

      Delete
  3. ohmy!! i guess its because of the crazy weather? but weird it is tightly sealed naman. Might be because you have used a wet brush on your last application that leads to molds? not really sure though..but its shocking talga ah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Janet! well, i actually don't use a wet brush when applying my gel liner. but yeah, i'd like to blame the weather. haha! :P

      Delete
  4. makeup has a storage life and it does happen.. first time i read it on a blog though! crazy much.. >.<

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, Vicky! first time to happen to me. i guess it means it's time to shop for a new one. heehee.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog!