Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Payday Treats: Great Finds for Shoes and Makeup


It’s the middle of the week, and I’m back to regular programming (Translation: back to work!). 

So yeah, I’m back to the usual grind of waking up early and going home late.  I’m in a new corporate setting, so it means new job, new people and new location.  So far, I think I’m enjoying it despite having to do a lot of work already on my first day.  I guess I can say that I do love my job for now.

Anyway, last weekend I saved up half of my pay from my previous employer to be able to buy a few stuffs. 

First stop was to buy new work shoes.  I only have a few staple ones, but if you’re a corporate chic, you gotta have the basics all the time.  I realized that my old black wedges is now useless, but it did served me well.  And I only have one pair of black pumps.  I knew I had to buy some new pairs to have some spares. 

both are wedges that fit really well


However, I wanted to stick to my budget so I went shopping at SM Department Store instead.  Luckily, I found two pairs which costs only 599.75PHP each! If I bought at the usual boutique stores, I would probably spend more than that for just a pair, so doing the math, I bought them without second thoughts at all.  From a trusted local brand called Rusty Lopez, I know I am getting a bargain for shoes with great qualities.


I got a black pair

and a nude pair in the perfect shade


And then, just this Sunday, I scored some new makeup! This is probably the highlight of this post and the reason why I had to save up.  I know you’ve been waiting for this.  I now own two items from the MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection.  I got the Beauty Powder in Forever Marilyn and a lipstick in the shade Scarlet Ibis.  And of course, I will review them both soon, because I can’t wait to try them out over the long weekend.





Finally, I was in need of a makeup brush for contouring.  I still wanted to be cheap, so I just grabbed something from ELF.  Having owned a few of their brushes from the Studio Line, I think I got a good one.





I know what you’re thinking right now.

Yeah, I know. I did a great haul. Haha! Cheers to that!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I love the nude shoes! Also, I can't wait for your review on MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection. Please post soon!

    I followed you. :) Please check out my blog to if you have time. Thanks and more power!

    http://dreamsandsunbeams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!