Friday, November 2, 2012

Review: MAC Marilyn Monroe Beauty Powder in Forever Marilyn


So how was your Halloween? 

Did you end up wearing your preferred costume, or just pretty much grabbed whatever’s available?  Either way, I hope you had a blast.







And since today is such a lazy day for most of us, largely because it’s a declared holiday, I think I will give you something to liven up your afternoon.

<!--[if !vml]-->
Say, how about my full-blown review of this beauty powder from the MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection? Let’s see, first let me go through the usuals.. And while we’re at it, why don’t you grab some coffee or tea?



____________________________________

FACTS: 
Place Bought: MAC Store at the Eastwood Mall
Price:  1600PHP
Packaging:  Comes with a special box with Marilyn’s kissmark on the inside cover.  The compact itself has Marilyn’s image on it.  It’s shiny and big.  Not the usual MAC matte packaging.
Shade:  This only comes in one shade, the Forever Marilyn.  It’s a cool toned powder on the pinkish side.

____________________________________








I really like the packaging, with Marilyn’s sultry pose on it.  I just wished it came in MAC’s usual matte packaging, instead of the shiny compact.  It attracts fingerprints a lot, so I don’t really dig that.  But the compact itself is really big, and would guarantee that it will probably last me for more than a year, granted that I use it everyday.









Speaking of using it everyday, I actually find myself grabbing it most of the time whenever I do my highlighting and contouring thing.  For me, it works best as a highlighter, than an overall powder.  I tried applying it all over my face and only ended up looking like Morticia Adams.  So yeah, it was too light for my skin tone, so I figured I can use it best as a highlighter instead.  But for girls with lighter skin tones than me, I think it will work as an all over finishing powder for you. 

the swatch


With a bit of tiny shimmers in it, so tiny that they are undetectable, I think it works really well for highlighting my cheekbones.  It has no shimmer effect, but instead works to brighten up my skin tone.  But since the powder itself is really pigmented and soft, one swipe of a brush is enough to blend onto the skin.  Otherwise, you’ll end up looking like a pale ghost.

As I mentioned already, the texture of the powder is really buttery soft.  No need to layer it on or swipe hard onto it, because it really shows up on the brush and on the skin. 

For gals whose noses are sensitive, you’ll be happy to know that it’s unscented. 

And as for its long-wearing effect, I think it stays put on the face for a good 5 hours, before my nose ends up shiny. 

Overall, despite the expensive price tag that came with it, I’m glad I chose to get this Beauty Powder from the MAC Marilyn Collection.  Although, initially when I thought that the shade was wrong for me, I regretted getting it, telling myself that I should’ve just gotten a blush or another lipstick.  But now, it seems that I can’t get enough of it every time I put on my makeup in the morning.  Since I’m a fan of highlighting powders, I think I found a new HG.

with a little bit contouring and lots of highlighting using MAC's beauty powder


And do I feel sexy and pretty like Marilyn whenever I put this powder on?  Well, you can bet on that.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! you definitely look as gorgeous as Marilyn now~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!