Saturday, November 17, 2012

Review: MAC Peony Petal blush




I am always on the lookout for a good pink blush.  Despite having quite a few pinks in my stash already, I’m still craving for the right shade of bright pink and something that won’t oxidize on me once it’s on my cheeks.

So when I got this limited edition blush from the Tres Chic Collection of MAC, I was excited to try it out the moment I tore the packaging.  Thanks to online shopping and for the ever-reliable GirlTalk Beauty Bazaar, because I always get my beauty fix for makeups that aren’t available at the stores.  And it wouldn’t hurt that the prices aren’t so marked up.  So yeah, I got this one for a good deal.



As expected from a MAC blush, this one is a finely-milled and soft powder blush.  It's in a satin finish, with no glitter or shimmer.  I can effectively use my blush brush to apply and blend it onto my cheeks without too much rubbing or swiping. 




What I love most about it is the shade, of course.  Rarely do I get to find a nice cool-toned pink that stays the same shade all throughout the day on my cheeks.  I have another blue-based pink blush in my stash, which is NARS Angelika, but it kinda oxidizes on my cheeks after several hours.  Don’t get me wrong, I do love my NARS Angelika - but comparing it to this MAC Peony Petal, I like it better since the shade remains the same.  And again, as expected from a MAC blush, it stays on me for a good 6 hours. 








I love pairing it with a nude lipstick, making my cheeks the highlight of my face.  I find that I can also wear pink lipsticks with it, but it has to be in the same cool-toned shades.  It also complements dark eye makeup well.




wearing it on my cheeks


When I want to achieve really pink cheeks, it’s easy to just layer it on.  Sometimes, I layer it over my Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in No. 7, to make the shade last longer.  When I do contouring, it also works well with my contouring powder.

Overall, I really like this blush.  It’s my favorite as of the moment.

8 comments:

  1. MAC's Dollymix is also a very nice pink blush. ^_^

    Maris - GlamPenguins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i've seen that. But I think this one's brighter? thanks for visiting, Maris!

      Delete
  2. The blush registers well on your skin. Thanks for sharing :)

    ~ gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!