Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Review: MAC Pro Long Wear Lipcreme in Love Forever!




wearing one layer of Love Forever!


I fell in love.  And I think it’s gonna be for as long as MAC won’t discontinue the Pro Long Wear Lipcremes.  I really like how they stay on my lips for the rest of the day, without being too heavy or too drying.  My favorite shade is Love Forever.  Indeed, it’s a very apt name for this lovely blue-based pink.  I will certainly love it forever, for as long as it stays on my lips. 




Let me begin this review with the basics:

FACTS:
Place bought:  Got this from the US as a gift, but it can be purchased at all MAC stores locally.
Price:  It’s at 1000PHP (as far as I know).
Packaging:  Different from the regular bullet tubes of MAC lipsticks, because it’s in a metal tube casing.  It’s also longer and with more product than the regular lippies.
Shade: Love Forever! – yup, it has to have that exclamation mark right there. 










Despite being a bright blue-based pink on the tube, I find that it’s very wearable, even at daytime.  Just one swipe will give off just the right amount of pink on the lips without being too overwhelming.  But of course, if you’re really goin’ for bright pink, you can always layer it on until you get the intensity you want.  That’s one of the few things I love about this shade, actually.  It’s so versatile because I can wear it at daytime or at night, depending on the intensity I want.

Being a long wearing lipcreme, it’s amazing how it doesn’t really dry out my lips unlike most long wear lipstick lines.  I guess you can credit that to it being a lipcreme.  In fact, it’s so creamy that I always tend to smear it whenever I put the cap back on.  It’s buttery soft and creamy like that, so imaging it on your lips.  It’s soft, creamy and not drying at all. 

There’s also a bit of sheen to it, upon application.  So it’s not really matte, yet it clings to the lips for as long as possible.   I can wear this shade for almost 5 hours, without too much drinking or eating.  A subtle stain is left after a meal, but it’s still there.  One retouch, and my lips look pretty pink again.


one swipe

I really want to love this forever, if not for the packaging that came with it.  I don’t know if it’s just my tube, but I also experience the same thing with my other Pro Long Wear Lipcreme.  The cap just doesn’t close properly, even after several clicks. So I always tend to keep it in a safe and secure place in my purse for fear of smearing the product all over my purse.  Luckily, I haven’t experienced that yet, so I just always make sure that the cap is tightly closed, and the lipstick twisted all the way in.

Well, other than that minor detail, I still really do adore the Pro Long Wear Lipcremes from MAC.   It’s a working girl’s best friend, because it stays on forever without causing the lips to dry.  For this shade, it’s a real winner in my list of pink shades.   

Here's my makeup look sporting the shade, see how subtle it can get despite being bright on the tube -




Have you tried the Pro Long Wear line of MAC?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I like the color on you... thinking to try this one.. Thanks for sharing! :)

    -Elgee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!