Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Floating Eyeliner Makeup Look

Ok, this makeup look is not about me.  I was browing through the different beauty shots from the fashion shows of deisgners for spring 2013.  This one from the Michael Kors Spring 2013 fashion show took my attention right away.
 
A line of either turquoise blue or  neon green, both so bright and thick, and lined just above the crease.  It was made to create an illusion of sorts to the whole face.  The whole face is made bare, with just a pile of foundation and powder, some highlighters, concealers and neatly-done eyebrows. Really, it's that simple to create.  And yet, the results are amazing.




Makeup artist Dick Page used Shisheido products and for the eyeliner, Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trios in BL 310 (Punky Blues) and GR 305 (Jungle).  It's definitely not your traditional eyeliner makeup look.  This is really something unique and the first I've seen.


                                                

When the model closes her eyes, the floating eyeliner pops out right there, making it look weird and out of place. 


 
 
 
But I do have to admit - the effect is instant modern, fashion-forward look.  I especially love the green one.
 
 



Pretty, yet weird.  Certainly, you can't wear this look at work, unless you're a model or a celebrity.  But I'd love to try it out one of these days.

Would you dare?


All photos from Allure.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!