Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Review: Majolica Majorca Cream de Cheek in RD411

It's officially summer!



Despite the somewhat weird weather we're having with the occasional rainshowers (which are not supposed to happen in summer, by the way!), I definitely feel the heat, baby! If you ask me, I'd rather be stuck at my office the whole day, than go get my coffee in the other building only to be bombarded with the painful sun rays! 

Don't get me wrong, I love the sun being bright and shiny all the time rather than the storms.  But not when I'm all dressed up in my corporate attire and I feel this drop of sweat trickling all the way down the center of my bra. Isn't that irritating? 

So yeah, it's time for that annual adjustment when it comes to our makeup routines.  When it's hot and humid outside, a full-blown makeup look everyday just won't do.  For this kind of season, you need something light, yet colorful at the same time.  

Thank God for the inventors of cheek tints! Or stains, or cheek creams, or whatever you call them really.  When it's hot outside, I'd rather forego the full-on powder blush and stick with cheek stains instead, or else, I'll end up with blotchy, cakey cheeks! 

To get started with summer, I found this cheek stain from Majolica Majorca.



FACTS:

Place bought:  SM Megamall department store, Beauty Section

Price:  Php 495.00

Packaging:  It's in a cute tiny bottle. The applicator is like that of a nail polish.  In fact, I think it really looks like a nail polish!

Shade: RD411, which is Kiichigo Cream, according to the Majolica Majorca website.  But for me, it's just plain creamy red.  It may look like a deep coral shade, too.



First off, I adore the packaging! Very pretty, princess-like, and travel-friendly! I can carry it in the tiniest pockets of my handbag.  The applicator is also neat and hygienic.  It's easy to apply this way, too.



one sweep of the brush

blended

As for the pigments, it's really red! I mean, look at my swatches! A little definitely goes a long way.  I only need one small dot on either of my cheeks.  I use my fingers to blend away, and I have instant rosy cheeks.  It's a creamy red, and I think it had to be creamy in order to make it dry up like powder upon blending.  Unlike other stains I've tried (like Etude House's cheek stain or Benetint) which apply shiny upon blending onto the cheeks, this one dries up matte.  It actually makes it a lot easier to apply even if you've already applied your powder.  

wearing RD411 on my cheeks

The staying power?  Amazing, in such a way that I can wear it all day.  On days when I'm too busy to bother with a powder blush, I just bring this along.  I can apply it in my car, in the public shuttle, or in the restroom in less than two minutes, tops! And I don't need to apply it again for the rest of the day because it stays long.

Majolica Majorca did an amazing job with this product.  I actually would love to try out the other shades which I don't have yet in my stash, like the coral/orange shade named RD310.  That would be a nice shade for when I hit the beach.  But so far, this red cream is doing the job well.



So, my new summer must-have, this cheek tint! What's yours so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!