Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Review: MAC Pearlmatte Face Powder in Flatter Me



I don't really know if I'm a real Betty Cooper at heart, because honestly, when it came to the opposite sex and all things glam, I've always been a Veronica Lodge.  But I really wonder why in the MAC Archie Collection that recently launched, the two items I got were from the Betty collection. 

Maybe it's because I'm now more into neutral makeup and I now know what shades work best for my skintone.  And with this recent purchase I got from MAC, I know I made the right choice.

MAC Pearlmatte Face Powders aren't new to me.  In fact, I have the same product from the Marilyn Monroe collection, except this time, it's in a warmer tone.  So, here to present to you, the MAC Flatter Me Pearlmatte Face Powder - 




FACTS:

Place Bought:  MAC store, Power Plant Mall
Price: Php1,750.00
Packaging:  In true MAC fashion, this one comes in a pretty white compact with mirror with Archie and his girls on the cover.
Shade:  Flatter Me is a warm beige with heart-shaped dots of coral blush.










Talk about the best highlighter for my skintone.  I think this one proves to be the most flattering, no pun intended for the shade name (haha!). I don't think it works as a bronzer for me, so I'd rather use it as a highlighter instead.  The shimmers are so great!

In the swatches I made with my fingers, you can see the exact shade they make on the skin, except that it had to blended well to not appear like a disco ball.  I thought the coral shade would come off pigmented on me, making it another alternative for blusher.  But I was wrong, because the heart-shaped coral dots on it only works to give it a warmer tone to complement the gold/beige shade.  



So think of it as a regular beige highlighter. You know, something to dust over your cheekbones after your regular face powder for that glowing skin effect.  It works with a big fluffy powder brush and for me, I usually dust it over my cheekbones, over the length of my nose bridge and a bit on my forehead.  Just the right amount to give off the right glowing and flattering effect.  Any more dusting would turn me into a living gold statue - which is not the thing I'm aiming for.

using the bright sun to capture the shimmers



Anyway, I did some research and found out that this is the same Shell Pearl Beauty Powder that MAC already launched in their other collections, and the coral blush is actually a blush in the shade Foolish Me.  I don't have both of those, but I'm glad I have this instead.  It's the best highlighter for me so far. Oops, I think I already said that.

I really love this product.  I've been using it since summer and now that the weather's changing, I think I'll wear it all-year round just to give off that fresh summer good vibes. It's very rare to find something that really works for you, so I'm really happy with this compact.

Did you purchase anything from the MAC Archie's Girls collection?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!