Monday, August 26, 2013

The Liebster Award

Wow, I'm really honored and happy to open my blog just now and discover that My Purple Points had been nominated for an award.  Thanks so much, Yen of The Tinted Quill!



What is The Liebster Award?
It's an award given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers, so other bloggers can recognize them in the blogging community. I think it's a great way also to get to know and visit other blogs and learn more about beauty blogging!  Honestly, it's a fun way to discover not just new product reviews, but also new friends in the blogosphere.

Here are the simple rules to follow:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 10 questions asked by that blogger (the one nominated you).
3. Choose 10 bloggers who have under 200 followers and nominate them.
4. Come up with 10 questions to ask the chosen bloggers.
5. Go to your nominees' blogs and notify them.



And here are my answers to Yen's questions:
  1. When did you get interested in makeup? - I started my interest in makeup back when I was in college.  I discovered my Mom's Revlon blush in a rose shade and I began using it everyday because it gave me that perfect glow without my friends noticing that it's actually makeup.  From then on, my addiction to blushes began.
  2. What made you start a beauty blog? - Well, first off, I already had a personal blog. But since I always seem to post about girly and beauty stuff, I decided to make my own beauty blog instead.  And it's been fun ever since.
  3. What's your daily skincare regimen? - I always, always never forget to wash my face every night or before going to bed.  I use a mild cleanser for my face (right now, I'm using this great papaya soap with kojic acid from a derma), use toner right after (Human Nature's Balancing Toner), apply sunflower oil on my eyelids and under eye area, and apply a sleeping mask which acts like my moisturizer.
  4. What's your everyday makeup routine?  - Oh, every morning is different for me! It's either I'm in a rush or just taking my time.  But I never leave the house without putting sunblock or BB cream, powder and doing my eyebrows.  All the rest, whether eyeliner, eyeshadows, blush or bronzer will depend on whether I still have enough time.  Lastly, I do my lipstick once I get to the office.
  5. Name three products you can't live without. - facial wash, eyebrow pencil and sunblock.
  6. What's your favorite shade of lipstick? - I like every shade of a pink lipstick.
  7. What was the last thing you purchased? - I just recently purchased a gel liner and a kajal eyeliner from Essence (I have a slight addiction to the brand as of the moment).
  8. If you were to create your own makeup line, what would you name it and why? - I'll name it with my online name, Chryztyners. And it's because it sounds cool and unique.
  9. What do you usually do to relax? - I love sleep so much that I can sleep for a whole day.  So, yeah, I sleep to relax.
  10. Name something that you want to happen before 2013 ends. - It's something personal, but let's just say I'm waiting for my life to straighten itself out.

Did I nominate you?  Kindly answer these simple questions, too!
1.  What's your mood for today?
2.  What music are you listening to right now?
3.  Do you like pairing your makeup looks with the clothes you'll wear and why?
4.  Do you have a favorite makeup artist? Who and why?
5.  Which do you prefer, Asian, US or European brands, for makeup products?
6. Purple or Silver Eyeshadow?
7.  Red or Orange lipstick?
8.  Black or Blue eyeliner?
9.  Product Reviews or Makeup Looks?
10.  What makeup skill/application are you good at?

My Nominees are mostly my followers, just so to give thanks for following back:

Have fun and good luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I just answered the liebster award here's the link http://vergielynmullero.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-liebster-award.html
    thank you again for nominating me i had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!