Monday, March 31, 2014

Review: Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Complete UV Waterlight Lotion with SPF50

Summer is definitely here. I can feel it in the air! And in our case where our summers can also be humid and sticky, I can surely feel it on my skin, too.

With my constant need to always be sun-protected, I'm always on the lookout for new sunblocks - not just for the body, but also for the face.  Sometimes, I'd also rather have sun protection infused with my makeup, too. That's how crazy I am about SPF. Sunblock is like my ultimate summer gear. 

Today, I'm giving you my first dibs on this sheer sunblock from Neutrogena.  Neutrogena, being a popular skincare brand, usually comes out with new inventions when it comes to sun protection. Their latest, Ultra Sheer Complete UV Waterlight Lotion with SPF 50, just like this one.



But first, some usual facts:

FACTS:

Place bought: Watson's
Price: Php600++
Packaging: in a sleek white bottle that's small enough to fit in my hands (comes with a box, too)
Shade: n/a  (it's a sunblock, so it naturally comes in one shade which is white)







When I went to Watson's to look at their new sunblock offerings for summer, Neutrogena wasn't the first brand that I was looking for.  I already know how this other brand works for me, so I was already psyched to buy that one.  But the sales lady got my interest when she mentioned, "SPF50". So, I grabbed the bottle from her hand and tested it right away.  I love anything with sun protection, so with a high SPF like this one, I was already sold.  Upon trying it on my skin, I knew I loved it already because it was so light and non-greasy.






For something to use on the face everyday, I wanted something light, non-sticky and something I can easily use under makeup.  At the back of the bottle, it also says it can be used as a makeup base.  For me, it does work as a great makeup base, because it dries instantly on the skin with no sticky feel. It's like a primer, only that it is a sunblock as well. "Ultra Sheer" is actually a good name for it. 

Being something from Neutrogena, I had to admit that I was scared of it at first.  This is because I get rashes whenever I use their facial washes, so I got really skeptical.  But after trying it for two weeks now, there had been no allergic reactions at all.  Hence, I'm all good.

As for the texture, it's a bit runny. However, it also meant that it's light and non-greasy.  It disappears into the skin right away leaving no white casts which usually accompanies sunblocks. Thus, it's great under my powder foundations and loose powders.  



I really have no complaints, even for the price.  Albeit a bit expensive, investing in skin care and sun protection is always a priority so I'm good with that.

So lately, I alternate using this with my usual BB creams with high SPF.  Whenever I'm in the mood for a light coverage, I just dab small dots on each section of my face and then pat some loose powder all over it.  It's so easy and light, definitely perfect for our humid summers.

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!