Friday, October 24, 2014

Review: LORAC PRO Powder Cheek Stain in Petal Pink

What's up, girls and guys!



I have something pretty pink for you today, and it's been kinda my favorite "blush of the moment" - Lorac's PRO Powder Cheek Stain in Petal Pink.   So, how can a powder blush be a stain?

Wearing Petal Pink during my Korean trip

Before I go on, here's a quick info:

FACTS:

Place bought: I actually ordered this online via Drugstore.com.  
Price: $20.00, or around Php900-1000.
Packaging: It came in a box, but the actual product is in a small blush compact.
Shade: Petal Pink - it's a cool toned pink



Lately, I've been into sheer and natural-looking makeup.  Or what we usually call the "no-makeup" makeup looks.  I like things to be light, just right, clean, and pretty, without being too overwhelming. I'm currently lovin' makeup looks that highlight the skin more than the colors on the face. You know, dewy, glowing and bright skin, luscious light pink lips, shimmery eyelids, and glowing cheeks.  And this blush is perfect for those looks!





Anyway, as I was browsing around on Lorac's website, I was initially thinking about gettin' the more pigmented colors of this cheek stain.  But then, I was really in the mood for something sweet, light, and pretty so I chose Petal Pink instead.  





The blush itself is sheer in texture, one swipe of it will show how pale pink it is. However, it's also buildable, so you can choose how pink it would be. I like that it also has some sheen on it, but without having too much shimmer.  It kinda imparts that subtle glow on the cheeks when worn, yet giving some natural-looking color. I actually like it that way.  

As for the packaging, since it's small, it's perfect for travel.  However, the pan is kinda too small for my usual blush brush. I also think that it doesn't justify the $20 price tag because it's so small.

only trained eyes can see :)

Nevertheless, I'm quite amazed that maybe because it's called a "cheek stain", it actually lasts for hours on my cheeks, even when I spend the day outdoors.  Maybe around five to six hours? But if you layer it on, it will probably last longer. Usually, we know stains to be in a gel, cream, or liquid form, but this being a powder blush really amazes me.

All in all, it's been one of my staple blushes for now.  I'm actually thinking of how the other shades look like in person.  But this Petal Pink shade would do for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!