Thursday, November 13, 2014

Review: Shu Uemura’s Matte Lipstick in M PK 356



It's a bright pink!

Okay, I know it’s the fall season and I’m supposed to be wearing darker shades of lipsticks, or darker shades of makeup, at least.  But I just don’t know what came over me in having this “light colors” phase, most especially for the lips.  Maybe I’m going against the trend, or maybe I’m just simply loving the light, natural makeup look these days.  In fact, I think I'm having a summer makeup craving. 

With that, I have this perfect "summer" matte pink lipstick from Shu Uemura which I love wearing on those light makeup days. Actually, it’s my first Shu lippie and I’m glad I chose this color instead of the more popular matte reds from Shu.


Here are some of the details:

FACTS:
Place bought: I got this at the Duty Free store, so it’s cheaper.
Price: Php800-900 at the Duty Free store, but the regular price of Shu lipsticks are around Php1,200.
Packaging: Shu lipsticks are housed in clear tubes where you can see the actual product even with the cap on.
Shade: M PK 356 – Shu Uemura lipsticks are coded, such that M stands for Matte, and PK for Pink.  I guess the number is the code for the shade. 356 is a cool medium pink.



So, here’s the scoop: I love the matte texture of Shu lipsticks!  Usually, when we say matte lipsticks, we associate it with dry, chapped lips or with difficult to apply lipsticks.  You know, like those from MAC where you would need an extra effort in applying them because of the dry texture.  But was I surprised to find out that the matte lipsticks from Shu are of an entirely different breed. 




They apply smoothly on the lips, without the usual tugging effort.  Even so, I don’t experience extreme dryness on the lips at all.  With that, it also lasts for a long time as expected from a matte lipstick. I can wear it for hours, even through a cup of coffee and the color is still there.  Probably around 6 hours of wear, although I don’t mind re-applying because it’s actually a breeze.

just one swipe

with two-three swipes
As for the shade, it flatters my skin tone even if it’s a cool kind of pink.  It’s also not too bright when applied on the lips, as opposed to how it looks on the tube. One layer is enough to show off the color, but layering it on would increase the opacity and the intensity.


In summary, I think I found the better matte lipstick options for me, although I would have to save up for it a bit. Shu Uemura, no matter how lovely and amazing their products are, can actually break your bank accounts. So if you can buy it for cheaper, like what I did at the Duty Free shops, then go for it.

What are your makeup cravings lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!