Friday, February 27, 2015

Review: The Face Shop’s Face It Oil Cut Pore Powder Pact in NB23

Hey there, beauty friends!



I know I’ve been on hiatus for a while and most of the blog posts I have uploaded were mostly promotional materials.  That only meant one thing – I’m back to my normal “lawyering” work.  So that means I’m back to my busy schedule.  Sigh! 

But nevertheless, I’m back with a new review.  And I still find blogging as my way to de-stress.  If given a choice, I’d always gladly write about hair, or shoes, or lipsticks, rather than make tons of loan agreements. Ugh, I know, so boring! Sometimes though, I try to sneak in a few minutes to admire makeup online, like those I recently saw at ZALORA.  I didn’t know they have a beauty section and the wide array of gorgeous lipcolours at ZALORA are quite nice – and tempting. You should check them out. Haha!

So let’s get on with my review – this is actually one of the many The Face Shop products which I hoarded when I went to Seoul.  I tell you, it’s way cheaper in Korea, they offer more discounts, and they also give more freebies! I actually got this for 50% off than the regular price. Not bad, eh?




First things first -
Facts:
Place bought: The Face Shop store in Seoul (particularly, in the Myeongdong area)
Price: in pesos, I only got this for around Php500-600.
Packaging: Light blue metallic compact, with mirror and puff.  It also comes with a transparent plastic cover to separate the puff from the powder itself.
Shade: NB23 (in MAC, I’m a NC30-35 and this is the shade closest to such)

Product description on the website says that it is an: 


"Oil-free compact adhering to the skin as light as air for clump-free make-up even after several touch-ups"





Lately, I haven’t been using a powder foundation, like those I usually use from MAC and In2it.  Instead, after my usual BB cream or CC cream application, I just apply this Face it Oil Cut Pore Powder Pact.  When I want light coverage, I use my trusty kabuki brush. But if I want heavier, I just use the powder puff that comes with it.   I find that blotting the puff on the face is easier to cover as needed. 

It’s supposed to control oil and shine on the face, plus it’s supposed to cover pores.  So far, it works for me in the morning.  I do have a mattified face with less visible pores.  However, come lunch time, it’s time to re-apply again.  Although in an office environment, I don’t really get oily that much, so I guess it works better for me that way. 





For the texture, it’s finely milled and soft.  Using a brush, the product tends to be messy on the compact because of how fine it is.  Which is always a good thing for me when it comes to powders because that means it can cover pores better. In addition to that, there’s also the SPF25 which makes it more alluring for me. Oh, and I also like the packaging since it makes using the product hygienic.

Eep! No makeup, just BB cream and powder


Overall, I think it’s a good steal for me.  But if it was on a regular price, I wouldn’t even try it because I know better products out there.  However, I do love The Face Shop products, so I’m glad this one didn’t fail my standards. Hehe. 

To end, I really hope to do more blogging in the next few days. I missed it! 

Happy Friday to you all!


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog!